Another novelty – IGTV on Instagram. Have you had time to try it?
Well, of course, you want to know how to use the new feature to reach the largest audience on Instagram https://viralrace.com/buy-instagram-likes. In this article, you will learn what IGTV on Instagram is and how best to use this feature in your marketing strategy.
# 1: IGTV on Instagram: setting up IGTV
IGTV on Instagram is very convenient because it supports access not only in the mobile version but also in the desktop version. To get more engagement, you should buy real Instagram followers on Insta4likes.com for example. They will increase your popularity.
Create your channel on your mobile phone
To set up your IGTV channel through your mobile device, first, download the free IGTV app. The application is separate from Instagram (although IGTV can be accessed directly through the Instagram application).
1. After installing it, open the IGTV application and connect your Instagram account.
2. Next, you need to configure the channel. Click on the profile photo.
3. Then select the Create Channel option from the pop-up menu.
4. Now follow the instructions to set up the channel.
5. After you will be prompted to download the video.
Creating a channel on a computer
To set up an IGTV channel using a computer, follow these steps.
1. Log in to your Instagram account at Instagram.com with your username and password.
2. Under your biography, you will see publications, IGTV, and tags. Open the IGTV tab and click Start.
3. Follow the prompts and click the Create Channel button to complete the setup.
# 2: Uploading video on IGTV on Instagram
IGTV on Instagram is a video-only platform, and unfortunately, you cannot record videos directly in the IGTV application. Only external video files can be uploaded to the channel.
The video must be in vertical or portrait mode. Ideally 9:16, but 4:5 is also supported. In any other ratio, except [9:16], the video does not fill the screen. There are no restrictions on the number of videos you can upload.
After you upload a video, all Instagram followers can watch it. Your followers will automatically subscribe to your channel and can cancel the subscription only if they fully unfollow from your account on Instagram.
Uploading video from a mobile device
To upload a video to IGTV, click on the + icon above your biography. Scroll through the list of available videos in the gallery to select the video to upload to the channel.
There are some limitations when uploading videos from a mobile device:
• The video must be at least 15 seconds (this means that you cannot upload individual videos from your Instagram stories).
• Video cannot exceed 10 minutes.
• Instagram real-time videos saved on the device (even if they are shorter than 10 minutes) are not displayed in the gallery of downloaded videos. The workaround is to save the video to another folder on the device (for example, save it to the Google photo folder).
• After selecting a video to upload to the channel, edit the Title and Description.
• Keep in mind that headings are cropped from thumbnails of about 20-25 characters, so make the Headline short or include the most current information at the beginning of the heading.
• When using a mobile device, video captions and descriptions cannot be edited after publication.
• Be careful of typos and make sure that all the information you want to share is included. If necessary, titles and descriptions can be edited in the desktop version.
• Most thumbnail cover images are not perfect for your videos by default. To change the cover photo, select Edit Cover. In the pop-up window, upload a separate image for the cover photo or select any frame from the video.
• When you are done editing, click Publish, and the video will be uploaded to your IGTV channel on Instagram.
After you have created your first IGTV, the IGTV icon will appear next to actual stories on Instagram. By clicking on this icon the user is on your IGTV channel and video list.
Video upload via computer
To upload your first video to IGTV from a computer, drag any video file into the download field.
You are also limited to videos from 15 seconds to 10 minutes.
The Instagram help center states, “accounts with a large number of followers and verified accounts” have the ability to upload videos up to 60 minutes long from the desktop version.” Unfortunately, there is no definition of what constitutes a “large number of followers.”
During the video upload, you can fill in the field with the title and description. After downloading the video, you can edit the cover photo.
When the video is ready for upload, click Publish to upload it to IGTV’s Instagram channel. Or you can save the video as a draft, and upload it at your convenience.
The desktop version allows you to edit the video after the upload. To edit the title or description, click the button with three dots and select Edit video from the pop-up menu.
# 3: Tips for IGTV Video on Instagram
Upload unique new content to IGTV on Instagram.
To create a video for your IGTV channel, here are some tactics you can use.
• Avoid bright screensavers or distracting sound. All videos on IGTV are instantly play when viewed. Unlike other platforms, where it is important to consider that your videos will be played without sound, you have more options to create videos for IGTV. But bright screensavers or distracting noises may lead to your viewers not watching your video.
• Add clickable links to video descriptions. Any link specified in the IGTV video description is clickable, meaning you can attract traffic to any site. Just add a link to the video description, and it will later open when clicked. Since IGTV in Instagram is a novelty for most users, and many people may not understand that they can click on a link or even have a description. So include a call to action in your video.
Understandably, IGTV is not yet up to speed compared to YouTube, but you certainly should use this promotion channel, especially since it’s free and will help you increase the reach and involvement of your account.
What do you think? Have you tried this new feature?