Top MMA Betting Tips
Betting on MMA fights is a very enjoyable pastime, but it is always more so when you are winning your wagers. Here are a couple of general tips for betting on the MMA that you can work into your strategy in order to up your profit margin.
Understand the Different Types of MMA Betting Options
One of the most popular MMA betting types is known as money line, or match, betting, and it is the easiest way to bet on UFC fights. All you are required to do is choose who you think will win, and, if you end up guessing correctly, your winnings will be calculated on the odds attached to the fighter.
Another fun way to get involved is known as method of victory betting, and there are 3 types within this option:
- KO/TKO, or Knockout
- Judge’s Decision
Round betting is also a great choice, and also includes different selections:
- A basic round bet, in which you select the round in which the fight will end
- The round bet and fight winner
- The round bet, the fight winner, and the method of victory
The more complicated the bet, the higher the odds attached will be, generally, so do your homework and find one you are happy with.
Tips to Help Bettors Place Solid Wagers
- Check out the prop bets: if you understand how the MMA works you will have a good idea of how the fight is likely to go once you have weighed up the fighter’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Steer clear of the favourites as much as you can. Every fighter has a good chance of winning a match, and one little mistake by the favourite, or a lucky punch by the underdog, could add or detract from your payroll considerably.
- Remember that it is a known fact that underdogs lose less over the long run, a piece of information which holds true for all sports.
- Carefully choose your fights. If you are looking to see a profit from your MMA betting activity, you should steer clear of betting on all the fights. The oddsmaker for sports betting sites offering markets on MMA fights will be correct for most of them, and you need to hold out for an edge you can benefit from. If the odds seem to be accurate, stay away from that fight.
Finding Good Odds and the Best Bets
Betting on UFC events is rapidly becoming one of the more popular activities for punters around the world, but, unlike other sports, wagering on the MMA requires you to do a lot more shopping around.
While odds on more mainstream sporting activities will vary only slightly in most cases, those on UFC match-ups can be wildly different, and comparing these will definitely do you good in both the short- and long-term.
Sign up at a number of sportsbooks offering you access to the MMA, and compare the odds and prices on these every time you wish to place a bet. This way you’ll have access to all the best odds and can pick and choose where you get the best deals.Follow MyMMANews.com on Social Media
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- Chuck Liddell and Steve-O : What it feels like to get knocked out - March 18, 2018
- Calvin Kattar talks UFC 223 fight, why Nick Newell should be in UFC - March 18, 2018
- Charlize Theron compares MMA fighters to NASCAR drivers - March 17, 2018