“Bellator 145: With a Vengeance” from the St. Louis’ Scottrade Center featured two world title bouts. Patricio “Pitbull” Freire (24-2) defended his featherweight strap against Daniel Straus (23-6) and Will “Ill Will” Brooks (16-1) met submission specialist Marcin Held (21-3), with the 155-pound belt on the line.
The biggest news of the night was an announcement that Ken Shamrock will be fighting Royce Gracie in a third bout. Don’t believe us? Check it out here.
In the main event Straus won at minimum four rounds against Pitbull to gain the championship.
Brooks and Held went five rounds in a bout where the submission specialist literally crippled the champion, however Ill Will was able to hold on an work a unanimous decision victory.
David Rickels had another amazing entrance in the Bellator cage as always, however, he was shown up by hometown favorite, former Bellator lightweight champ Michael Chandler. Not only shown up in his walkout entrance, but also in the cage. Chandler bloodied his opponent before ending the fight via TKO in the second round.
During the broadcast it was also announced that King Mo will represent Bellator MMA in a 205-pound tournament at Rizin MMA on New Year’s Eve.
Below are the full Bellator 145 results:
MAIN CARD (Spike, 9 p.m. ET)
- Daniel Straus defeated the now former champ Patricio Freire via unanimous decision – for featherweight title (49-46, 48-47, 48-47)
- Champ Will Brooks defeated Marcin Held via unanimous decision – for lightweight title (50-45, 49-46, 49-46)
- Michael Chandler defeated David Rickels via TKO (Strikes) – Round 2, 3:05
- Bobby Lashley defeated James Thompson via TKO (Strikes) – Round 1, 0:54
- Emmanuel Sanchez defeated Justin Lawrence via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD (MyMMANews.com, 7 p.m. ET)
- Rashard Lovelace defeated Brandon Lowe via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:07
- Fazlo Mulabitinovic defeated Scott Ettling via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 1:52 – 140-pound catchweight
- Kain Royer defeated Clay Mitchell via submission (kneebar) – Round 1, 3:41
- Augusto Sakai defeated Alex Huddleston via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Adam Meredith defeated Jordan Dowdy via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 1:54
- Kyle Kurtz defeated Steven Mann via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 2:59
- Garrett Gross defeated Jeff Crotty via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) – 160-pound catchweight
- Cheljean Erwin-Davis defeated Adam Cella via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 0:35
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- UFC Fight Night 118 weigh-in results – Sam Alvey misses weight on short notice fight - October 20, 2017
- Tommy Hayden Faces Jason Ponet at Full Metal Dojo 15: ‘Come out to Play’ - October 20, 2017
- Jarred Brooks willing to play bad guy to work for title shot against Demetrious Johnson - October 20, 2017