Bellator 268 acts as a light heavyweight showcase featuring the semifinals of the weight class’ grand prix which closes out the show.
Vadim Nemkov looks to make his second straight title defense when squaring off with short notice replacement, Julius Anglickas who was originally set to face Karl Albrektsson earlier in the night. The champion in Nemkov anticipated a clash with former UFC title challenger Anthony “Rumble” Johnson until Johnson fell ill.
Awaiting the champion following the night’s conclusion will be the victor of the co-main event pitting last Bellator light heavyweight titleholder and current heavyweight king, Ryan Bader, against the red-hot Corey Anderson.
Directly prior to the tournament action will be a lightweight grappler’s delight as black belts collide. Former UFC and WEC champion Benson Henderson aims to snap a two-fight skid at the expense of Brent Primus, who also intends to rebound off a July stumble.
My MMA News has all the results as they happen accompanied by interviews with night’s winners.
- Light Heavyweight -205lbs: (C)Vadim Nemkov def. Julius Anglickas via fourth-round submission (Kimura) at 4:25
- Light Heavyweight: Corey Anderson def. Ryan Bader via first-round TKO (punches) at 0:51
- Lightweight – 155lbs: Brent Primus def. Benson Henderson via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Featherweight – 145lbs: Henry Corrales def. Vladyslav Parubchenko via unanimous decision (30-27 All)
- Light Heavyweight: Karl Albrektsson def. Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov via unanimous decision (29-28 All)
- Welterweight – 170lbs: Mukhamed Berkhamov def. Jaleel Willis via first-round submission (guillotine) at 4:05
- Lightweight: Nick Browne def. Bobby Lee via first-round submission (kneebar) at 1:38
- Middleweight – 185lbs: Javier Torres def. Gregory Milliard via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Flyweight – 125lbs: Sumiko Inaba def. Randi Field via second-round submission (arm-triangle) at 2:02
- Lightweight: Lance Gibson Jr. def. Raymond Pina via second-round TKO (punches) at 1:44
- Bantamweight – 135lbs: Jaylon Bates def. Raphael Montini de Lima via first-round submission (armbar) at 3:49
- Light Heavyweight: Sullivan Cauley def. Deon Clash via first-round TKO (punches) at 4:59
- Flyweight (Amateur): Maria Henderson def. Collette Santiago via first-round submission (rear-naked choke) at 0:40
Drake is an MMA writer based out of Brush Prairie, Washington, USA who specializes in feature pieces, the women’s fight scene, lists, news coverage, and rankings. He has been a passionate fan of MMA ever since 2009. Drake has most notably written for BJPenn.com, FanSided, The Body Lock, South China Morning Post, MyMMANews, WhatCulture, Cageside Press, Sherdog, The Scrap, and MMA Today. He has also written for and created video content for RT Sport. As for other sports, Drake is a longtime fan of the NFL’s Green Bay Packers and Jacksonville Jaguars.
You can follow him on Twitter and Instagram: @DrakeRiggs_ . Also check out all of his video content on YouTube at YouTube.com/DrakeRiggs where he uploads fighter interviews, podshows, and various other types of content.