Ben Saunders vs Kenny Robertson set for UFC on Fox 16 in Chicago
Ben Saunders (18-6-2) returns to UFC action in Chicago when he faces Kenny Robertson at UFC on Fox 16. The card takes place July 25th at the United Center in Chicago, Illinois. Saunders and Robertson will be the 12th confirmed fight capping off a very stacked card which will be headlined by T.J Dillashaw defending his title against former champion Renan Barao.
Saunders has been impressive in his return to the UFC winning back-to-back, defeating Chris Heatherly and most recent Joe Riggs at UFC on Fox 13 back in December. Saunders will look to make it it three in a row against another opponent with a winning streak of his own in Kenny Robertson.
Kenny Robertson (15-3, 3-2 UFC) has won three straight fights, with his most recent a knockout victory over Sultan Aliev back in January. Both Robertson and Saunders could potentially move into the top 15 welterweight rankings with a victory here.
This is the 10th fight added to this card as it nears completion.
UFC on Fox 16 Card:
- T.J Dillashaw (C) vs. Renan Barao – for Bantamweight title
- Edson Barboza vs. Myles Jury
- Miesha Tate vs. Jessica Eye
- Rustam Khabilov vs. Danny Castillo
- Ramsey Nijem vs. Erik Koch
- Joe Lauzon vs. Takanori Gomi
- Zak Cummings vs. Antonio Braga Neto
- Daron Cruickshank vs. James Krause
- Gian Villante vs. Kenny Robertson