Blagoy Ivanov will not face Marcin Tybura at UFC 260 on March 27.
Just last week, Ivanov and Tybura agreed to fight one another. However, shortly thereafter, Ivanov got injured and was forced to pull out of the fight, multiple sources informed MyMMANews. It’s uncertain at this time what the injury is, or how serious it is. It’s also unknown if the promotion will look to rebook the fight or find a replacement opponent for Tybura.
Blagoy Ivanov is currently ranked 14th in the heavyweight division but has not fought since May 30 where he suffered a controversial split decision loss to Augusto Sakai. Before that, he dropped another split decision to Derrick Lewis at UFC 244 in a fight many thought he won as well. The 34-year-old is currently 2-3 in the UFC with his wins over Ben Rothwell and Tai Tuivasa, his other loss is to Junior dos Santos. Ivanov was the former WSOF heavyweight champion prior to signing with the UFC.
Marcin Tybura, meanwhile, went 4-0 in 2020 with decision wins over Sergey Spivak, Maxim Grishin, Ben Rothwell, and a TKO win over Greg Hardy back in December. The 15th-ranked heavyweight has been a perennial contender in the UFC but has failed to really string together a bunch of wins. He’s 8-5 in the UFC and holds notable wins over Andrei Arlovski and Stefan Struve. It was also likely that if he got past Blagoy Ivanov, it will likely he would get a top-10 opponent next time out.
With the removal of Blagoy Ivanov vs Marcin Tybura, UFC 260 is now as follows:
- Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou – for heavyweight title
- Alexander Volkanovski vs. Brian Ortega – for featherweight title
- Tyron Woodley vs. Vicente Luque
- Sean O’Malley vs. Thomas Almeida
- Modestas Bukauskas vs. Michal Oleksiejczuk
- Randa Markos vs. Luana Pinheiro
- Hannah Goldy vs. Jessica Penne
- Abu Azaitar vs. Marc-Andre Barriault
- Jamie Mullarkey vs. Khama Worthy
- Shane Young vs. Omar Morales