Francesco Facchinetti, a well-known DJ from Italy, says he and his wife were hanging out with former UFC champion Conor McGregor and his Fiancée in Rome, Italy, when around 2:30 AM Sunday, McGregor allegedly threw a punch landing on his face. Facchinetti says the attack was unprovoked and resulted in a broken nose.
The incident was first reported by Il Massaggero, and translated by Pro Sports Extra.
Facchinetti, who posted video stories to his Instagram which show facial injuries. The famed DJ says they were all “having fun” earlier in the evening when McGregor invited them to tag along to another party. It appears they didn’t leave because Facchinetti says that’s when McGregor threw the punch in front of a handful of witnesses.
Facchinetti stated that he will be suing the former two-division champion.
“I took a punch for nothing. That punch could go to anyone. My friends, my wife, or other friends. That’s why I decided to sue Conor McGregor because he is a violent and dangerous person.”
Facchinetti’s wife back up his statements, claiming “Then out of nowhere, he threw a punch in the face of Francesco. He was inviting us to another party. Francesco said, ‘Okay, let’s go’ and he hit him. Luckily, he [Francesco] was very close so he [McGregor] couldn’t load up on his punch. Francesco flew back, fell on the table, and then on the ground. The first thing that came to mind was ‘are we kidding? Is it a show?’ Then I was paralyzed. I turned around and saw that his friends were holding him against the wall because he wanted to continue beating Francesco. Then they took him away. I turned on the light and the guards turned them off. Francesco was bleeding. I wanted to help him and the guards chased us away.”
“He will stay in Italy until October 26th,” she added. “If you see him stay away from him. Don’t go near him and ask for autographs because he is an unstable and dangerous person.”
As of press time no charges have been filed.