Conor McGregor charged with assault for bar fight

Conor McGregor says Jorge Masvidal was fading and fans were ‘robbed’ of potential Nate Diaz comeback at UFC 244

Conor McGregor was not a fan of the UFC 244 main event stoppage.

In the main event of UFC 244, Jorge Masvidal and Nate Diaz were fighting for the BMF title at Madison Square Garden. It was a highly-anticipated fight, yet the outcome was not one many wanted.

In the fight, it was clear from the get-go that Masvidal was the better fighter. He was piecing up Diaz and even dropped him a couple of times. Then, after the third round, the fight was stopped due to a cut above and below Diaz’s eye which McGregor didn’t like. He believes Masvidal was starting to fade and fans were robbed of a Nate Diaz comeback.

Yeah, you don’t know what way Nate is now,” McGregor said on Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show (via MiddleEasy). “Whether he wants to do it again. I think we were robbed of it. You can see Jorge dipping. Jorge was dipping at the end of that third round. And that’s where Nate’s only kicking in. It would have been great to see the four and five. We didn’t see it. Look, whatever. We’ll see what happens.”

Since then, Jorge Masvidal has not fought but could very well be Conor McGregor’s next opponent as he made it clear he wants the big money fights. But, he could very well be fighting for the welterweight title next against Kamaru Usman.

Nate Diaz, meanwhile, like Masvidal, has not fought since UFC 244 or has a fight booked. Who he will fight next is unclear but the McGregor trilogy is always there and Dustin Poirier has been calling him out.

Conor McGregor, meanwhile, is returning to the Octagon this Saturday at UFC 246 against Donald Cerrone in his first fight since he lost to Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Whether or not Nate Diaz would have comeback is unknown but McGregor believes he would have.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information