Costas Philippou injured, out of Uriah Hall bout
Uriah Hall (9–4) will have a new opponent when he steps into the octagon on Jan. 18 for the UFC’s Ultimate Fight Night 59. The problem for Hall is he doesn’t quite know who that opponent will be.
Costas Philippou (13-4) had to withdraw from the bout after sustaining an injury to the fighter’s ribs.
Hall and Philippou, two New York natives actually fought each other in February of 2011 at Ring of Combat 34 in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Philippou won that bout via majority decision.
With that win Philippou got the call to the UFC and would fight there little more than a month after the win over Hall.
Hall would go on to become a finalist on season 17 of the Ultimate Fighter in 2013.
With Philippou injured and off the card UFC Fight Night 59 now looks like this:
MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 10 p.m. ET)
- Conor McGregor vs. Dennis Siver
- Eddie Alvarez vs. Benson Henderson
- Uriah Hall vs. TBA
- Norman Parke vs. Gleison Tibau
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 7 p.m. ET)
- Cathal Pendred vs. Sean Spencer
- John Howard vs. Lorenz Larkin
- Zhang Lipeng vs. Chris Wade
- Patrick Holohan vs. Shane Howell
- Johnny Case vs. Frankie Perez
- Charles Rosa vs. Sean Soriano
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6 p.m. ET)
- Sean O’Connell vs. Matt Van Buren
- Tateki Matsuda vs. Joby Sanchez