Featherweight stars headline UFC Saskatoon
TENTH-RANKED WELTERWEIGHT RICK STORY FACES RISING BRAZILIAN STAR ERICK SILVA IN THE CO-MAIN EVENT
TICKETS FOR UFC FIGHT NIGHT™: HOLLOWAY vs. OLIVEIRA AT SASKTEL CENTRE ON SALE FRIDAY, JUNE 26
Toronto, Canada – The UFC® announced an updated fight card for UFC FIGHT NIGHT™: HOLLOWAY vs. OLIVEIRA at the SaskTel Centre in Saskatoon on Sunday, August 23. The organization will be debuting in the province of Saskatchewan with a five-round featherweight main event between fifth-ranked Max Holloway (13-3, fighting out of Waianae, Hawaii, USA) and seventh-ranked Charles Oliveira (20-4, 1NC, fighting out of Houston, Texas, USA by way of Sao Paulo, Brazil) in a bout that could determine the division’s next title contender. Tickets for UFC FIGHT NIGHT™: HOLLOWAY vs. OLIVEIRA go on sale to the general public on Friday, June 26 at 10 a.m. CT.
In the co-main event, tenth-ranked welterweight Rick Story (18-8, fighting out of Glendale, Arizona, USA) will battle gritty prospect Erick Silva (18-5 1NC, fighting out of Vila Velha, Espirito Santo Brazil). Currently riding an impressive two-fight win streak, Story is one of only three fighters to hold victories over former champ Johny Hendricks. Also on a two-fight run, Silva’s last outing saw him earn a stunning submission win over Josh Koscheck.
Other confirmed bouts for UFC FIGHT NIGHT™: HOLLOWAY vs. OLIVEIRA include:
• Canadian favourite Patrick Cote (21-9, fighting out of Montreal, Canada) looks to earn his fourth welterweight victory when he locks horns with The Ultimate Fighter® 2 cast member Josh Burkman (28-12, fighting out of Salt Lake City, Utah, USA)
• Undefeated No.8 ranked Maryna Moroz (6-0, fighting out of Volnogorsk, Ukraine) will meet Canadian striking specialist and No.14 ranked Valerie Letourneau (7-3, fighting out of Coconut Creek, Florida, USA by way of Montreal, Canada) in a women’s strawweight bout
• Canadian flyweight Chris Kelades (8-2, fighting out of Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia, Canada) will square off against Chris Beal (10-1, fighting out of Ventura, California, USA)
• Other Canadians confirmed to be on the card include lightweights Chad Laprise (11-0, fighting out of Montreal, Canada), Olivier Aubin-Mercier (6-1, fighting out of Montreal, Canada) and seasoned UFC veteran Sam Stout (21-11-1, fighting out of London, Ontario, Canada). Their opponents are still to be determined
Additional bouts for UFC FIGHT NIGHT™: HOLLOWAY vs. OLIVEIRA will be announced in the coming weeks.
Tickets for UFC FIGHT NIGHT™: HOLLOWAY vs. OLIVEIRA go on sale Friday, June 26 at 10 a.m. CT at all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster.ca and the SaskTel Centre box office. Tickets are priced at $225, $150, $100, $75 and $50 plus applicable fees and taxes. Ticket sales are limited to eight per person.
UFC Fight Club® members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets to this event Wednesday, June 24 at 10 a.m. CT via the website www.ufcfightclub.com and are limited to six per person. A special Internet ticket pre-sale will be available to UFC newsletter subscribers Thursday, June 25 starting at 10 a.m. CT with a limit of eight per person. To access this presale, users must register for the UFC newsletter through UFC.com.
Since 2008, the UFC has hosted 18 events in Canada with each experiencing tremendous success. Collectively, the 18 events have seen more than 330,000 fans in attendance and millions worldwide watching on pay-per-view and broadcast television. The seven host cities to date – Calgary, Halifax, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg and Quebec City – have had a cumulative gross gate of more than $60M and millions more in economic impact. UFC events have set single-day event gate records in four Canadian venues: Calgary’s Scotiabank Saddledome (UFC 149), Montreal’s Bell Centre (UFC 124), Toronto’s Rogers Centre (UFC 129) and Winnipeg’s MTS Centre (UFC 161).
UFC FIGHT NIGHT™: HOLLOWAY vs. OLIVEIRA will air live on FOX Sports 1 at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT on Sunday, August 23, with the prelims kicking off the evening on FOX Sports 1 at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT. In Canada, the main card will air at 7 p.m. CT on TSN 1 and TSN 5, as well as RDS 2 in Quebec. Televised preliminary fights will broadcast on The Fight Network and RDS 2 at 5 p.m. CT. UFC FIGHT PASS® prelims will stream exclusively on UFC FIGHT PASS® at 4 p.m. CT. These listings may be subject to change.
For more information or current fight news, visit ufc.com. All bouts live and subject to change.
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- FREE tickets to Friday’s Mayweather vs McGregor weigh-ins in Las Vegas - August 21, 2017
- USKA to host Rami Ibrahim’s 186th professional Muay Thai Fight - August 20, 2017
- Legendary music group The Killers music video for Mayweather-McGregor - August 20, 2017