Yesterday an Instagram video surfaced of reigning undefeated UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov publicly challenging fellow undefeated boxing world champion Floyd Mayweather to what would be another possible super fight for “Money” Mayweather.
In the video, Nurmagomedov proudly boasted of how he was able to catch and drop McGregor with a single punch in their UFC 229 lightweight title bout, while taking a slight dig at Mayweather’s inability to knock down McGregor in their mega boxing fight last year.
“Hey let’s go Floyd, we have to fight now,” Khabib Nurmagomedov said. “50-0 versus 27-0. Two guys who never lose. Let’s go. Why not? Because in the jungle only one king. Only one king. Of course I am the king. Because he [Mayweather] cannot drop McGregor, but I drop him easily. Let’s fight. Let’s go.”
Once Mayweather got word of the Russian calling him out, he quickly went to his social media and responded.
Supposedly accepting Nurmagomedov’s challenge for the bout.
— Floyd Mayweather (@FloydMayweather) October 15, 2018
“CBS, Showtime and MGM Grand get the checkbook out,” Floyd Mayweather said in response to this callout from the UFC lightweight champ. “Go to [Leonard Ellerbe’s] page to view Khabib Nurmagomedov challenging me.”
Do you believe we’ll ever witness this fight between Nurmagomedov and Mayweather?
If so, what rules do you think the contest will be sanctioned under?