You may be wondering: what’s the difference between Greco-Roman and Freestyle Wrestling? Aren’t they the same thing? Actually, no. In Greco-Roman Wrestling you can’t work on an opponent’s legs. Any kicks struck lower than the waist are prohibited. In Freestyle Wrestling, sweeps are ok, for example. Greco-Roman Wrestling is still an Olympic sport, so we can see it in Tokyo this summer with full news and betting tips coverage on telecomasia.net. However, Freestyle Wrestling might be more entertaining and exciting, especially when you know how to bet on the outcome.
- To win. A bet on an athlete’s victory. Does not matter in what way it was made (by points or ahead of schedule). Look in the bookmaker’s rules how the bookmaker qualifies a victory due to the disqualification of an opponent.
- To win the tournament. Judges hold major freestyle wrestling tournaments according to the Olympic system (playoffs). Because of the strictness, athletes have no room for error. Any defeat automatically blocks their opportunity to win gold medals.
- To win with a handicap. One of the athletes needs to win with a point handicap. According to the updated freestyle wrestling rules, the athlete who reaches an advantage of 10 points during the bout wins.
- Total points. The bet is too risky for freestyle wrestling since, in equal probability, the fight can end with a score of 4:3 and 10:9.
- With the “touché” (fall). A situation when a wrestler pressed and held his opponent with his shoulder blades to the mat for 3 seconds. If the athlete executes “touché” (fall), he wins the bout early.
Features of Freestyle Wrestling Bets.
It is essential to learn the rules of the sport. For various techniques, the wrestler can be awarded from 1 to 5 points. For banned techniques, 1 point is given to the opponent. Track the last fights of athletes. In which techniques they are strong and make an approximate picture of the upcoming fight.
It’s hard to bet on an athlete who has recently changed weight. His current standing won’t yet reflect his actual position in the rating, so the bookmaker’s odds on him may not match real odds. Usually, with a decrease in the weight category, the wrestler shows better results, and with an increase in the category, the effects worsen, but this rule does not always work.
In freestyle wrestling, there are uncomfortable opponents, so track the wrestler’s history. Support for wrestlers in countries such as Turkey, Iran or Azerbaijan is very high. It is not surprising that athletes achieve better results in home tournaments.
Due to the fact that freestyle wrestling tournaments are held on a tight schedule, athletes can have several fights in one day. Even though they advance to the next stage of the tournament with each new victory, the level of their opponents almost always rises. Physically tough wrestlers in this rhythm of fights will have a better chance of winning.
If we add up the dates of all the major freestyle wrestling tournaments that take place throughout the year, then in general, it will turn out to be no more than a month. Because of this, freestyle wrestling cannot be perceived as an independent betting discipline.
Freestyle wrestling was ahead of Greco-Roman wrestling so much that there was even talk of excluding the latter from the Olympic Games. Nevertheless, this sport has room to grow.
We may receive commissions and other revenues from this article. We are a paid partner of organizations mentioned in this article.