Two of the best prospects in women’s MMA have signed with the UFC and will square off in less than two weeks in Newark, New Jersey.
Hannah Goldy, who had an impressive win on Dana White’s Contender Series earlier this summer, will take on CFFC strawweight champion Miranda Granger next Saturday at UFC on ESPN 5, sources confirm to MyMMANews.com. News of the bout was first reported by Ariel Helwani on Twitter.
The event will take place at the Prudential Center in Newark and will be headlined by a welterweight bout between Colby Covington and Robbie Lawler.
Goldy appeared on the first episode of the 2019 Contender Series season, defeating Kali Robbins via unanimous decision. “Queen of Sparta” impressed everybody watching the event, including UFC president Dana White, but was unable to secure a contract last month. It didn’t take long for the organization to lock her up for her UFC debut next weekend. Goldy has not tasted defeat in her five-fight professional career and holds a victory over current UFC flyweight competitor Gillian Robertson.
Granger has been competing professionally in mixed martial arts for less than two years and has won all six of her bouts. Most recently, “Danger” submitted Heloisa Azevedo in just 41 seconds to capture the CFFC 115-pound title. The 27-year-old also holds a submission win over two-time Contender Series competitor Jamie Colleen and has yet to see the judges’ scorecards in any of her professional fights.
Here is the latest UFC on ESPN 5 fight card with the addition of Hannah Goldy vs. Miranda Granger.
Full UFC Newark fight card:
- Colby Covington vs. Robbie Lawler
- Jim Miller vs. Clay Guida
- Joaquim Silva vs. Nasrat Haqparast
- Darko Stosic vs. Kennedy Nzechukwu
- Mickey Gall vs. Salim Touahri
- Antonina Shevchenko vs. Lucie Pudilova
- Trevin Giles vs. Gerald Meerschaert
- Scott Holtzman vs. Dong Huyn Ma
- Ramazan Emeev vs. Claudio Silva
- Jordan Espinosa vs. Matt Schnell
- Lauren Murphy vs. Mara Romero Borella
- Hannah Goldy vs. Miranda Granger