Hendo vs. Silva Trilogy? Both Fighters Approve
Wanderlei Silva has told media in Brazil that he would be open for a fight with Dan Henderson.
Silva (35-1-1, 1 NC) wants his 50th fight on a special card. Since Chael Sonnen is indefinitely suspended and retired, and Vitor Belfort is fighting UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman for the title next, Henderson was on top of the Axe Murderer’s list.
Silva won the first match via decision and then lost in the rematch via a vicious TKO, losing his title.
Silva said he would like to win his old Pride FC title back if this fight is signed for. Henderson (30-12) agreed to have a trilogy fight earlier this afternoon via his Twitter page, tweeting “I’m good with it, what do you guys think”?
Both fighters are towards the end of their careers, and this would be a great fight for the fans. This match up could sell tickets between both future MMA Hall of Fame fighters.
Latest posts by GPinPitt (see all)
- “The Wolverine” Ethan Goss Aims For Gold At WCC 17 - July 19, 2016
- 5 Fights The UFC Should Make For Fedor If Signed - September 2, 2015
- UFC 191 Preview - September 2, 2015