Kelvin Gastelum vs Nate Marquardt set for UFC 188
Following another UFC weigh-in mishap, UFC President Dana White mandated that Kelvin Gastelum jump up a weight class and fight at middleweight. The UFC has officially announced that Kelvin Gastelum (10-1) will be making his middleweight debut against seasoned veteran Nate “The Great” Marquardt (33-14-2) at UFC 188 in Mexico City, Mexico.
Gastelum will want to clear out his last memory from UFC 183 where he came in overweight and lost to Tyron Woodley, ending his undefeated record and missing out on a potential closer step to a title shot.
Marquardt has also been struggling lately, losing four of his last five fights, however he is still a very dangerous opponent with a great ground game.
UFC 188 will be headlined by Cain Velasquez facing Fabricio Werdum. There are now six confirmed fights on this card:
- Cain Velasaquez vs. Fabricio Werdum
- Gilbert Melendez vs. Eddie Alvarez
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Nate Marquardt
- Tecia Torres vs. Angela Hill
- Cathal Pendred vs. Augusto Montano
- Charles Rosa vs. Yair Rodriguez
Gastelum is currently coaching opposite Efrain Escudero on this season of TUF Latin America.
Latest posts by GPinPitt (see all)
- “The Wolverine” Ethan Goss Aims For Gold At WCC 17 - July 19, 2016
- 5 Fights The UFC Should Make For Fedor If Signed - September 2, 2015
- UFC 191 Preview - September 2, 2015