Legacy Fighting Alliance was back in the Land of 10,000 Lakes for LFA 77, at the Mystic Lake Casino Hotel in Prior Lake, Minnesota. The headliner was the finals of the LFA Heavyweight Tournament Daniel “The American Predator” James versus Brett “Big Dog” Martin for the vacant LFA Heavyweight Title, but unfortunately after issues with the scale Brett Martin will not be eligible to win the title after getting on the scale at 272.6, 6.6 lbs over the weight limit.
James is 2-0 in the LFA, scoring impressive knock outs of Calyn Hull & Patrick Martin; the later came in the LFA Heavyweight Tournament semifinals. Brett Martin advance to the finals by defeating Renan Ferrieira. Tonight’s fight would end in controversy as the fight was stopped after illegal knees were thrown.
This was the 11th time LFA has visited the Mystic Lake Casino Hotel and the 12th trip to The Gopher State.
- 265: Brett Martin (9-1) def. Daniel James (9-4-1) by DQ (illegal knees) 1:12 R5
- 265: Chad Johnson (6-1) def. Calyn Hull (6-2) by TKO (punches) 2:14 R1
- 155: Bryce Logan (11-4) def. Jonas Flok (12-4) by unanimous decision
- 145: Nate Richardson (7-1) def. Matt Jones (8-4) by TKO (punches) 0:41 R3
- 155: Mike Breeden (8-2) def. Brandon Jenkins (12-7) by KO (flying knee) 1:51 R3
- 170: J.P. Saint Louis (6-3) def. Scott Writz (2-2) by submission (guillotine choke) 4:37 R1
- 170: Nelly Thompson (4-0) def. Justin Trangsrud (2-3) by TKO (ground & pound) 2:22 R2
- 135: Sean Strube (3-0) def. Zachary Buros-Nash (1-1) by submission (rear naked choke) R1
- 125: Sean Stebbins (2-0) def. Keegan Blanco (2-2) by submission (rear naked choke) R1
- 155: Noah Landrus (8-0) def. Yamah Sadozai (5-4) by split decision
- 145: Davi Young (5-0) def. Kyle Zimick (6-1) by unanimous decision
- 265: Thomas Petersen (5-0) def. Jimmy Barnes (2-1) by unanimous decision
- 155: Ryan Schafer (5-2) def. Dick Legus (1-1) by unanimous decision
- 125: Katie Koenig (1-4) def. Shannon Clark (1-2) by unanimous decision
- 135: Grant Bolduan (2-1) def. David Hurrelbrink (0-1) by unanimous decision
- 145: Shane Abraham (1-0) def. Nick Krohn (0-2) by unanimous decision
- 135: Joshua Clark (4-0) defeated Edwin Jimenez (2-1) by unanimous decision
Team MMA for life. MMA Journalist since April 2011