FEATURED BOUTS INCLUDE:
(#10) STEFAN STRUVE vs. (#12) ANDREI ARLOVSKI
(#6) CAT ZINGANO vs. (#6) KETLEN VIEIRA
TICKETS FOR UFC® 222: HOLLOWAY vs. EDGAR AT T-MOBILE ARENA GO ON SALE FRIDAY, JANUARY 19
Las Vegas – A thrilling featherweight title bout between champion Max Holloway and No. 2-ranked contender Frankie Edgar headlines the first UFC® event at T-Mobile Arena in 2018. UFC 222: HOLLOWAY vs. EDGAR takes place on Saturday, March 3 and will be available live on Pay-Per-View.
Recently voted top fighter of 2017 by UFC fans, Holloway (19-3, fighting out of Waianae, Hawaii) extended his win streak to 12 with a pair of TKO victories over all-time great Jose Aldo last year. During his spectacular run, he’s also defeated former lightweight champ Anthony Pettis, Ricardo Lamas, Jeremy Stephens, Charles Oliveira and Cub Swanson. With his first successful title defense under his belt, Holloway now begins his quest to establish himself as one of the greatest champions in UFC history.
Standing in his way is former lightweight titleholder Edgar (21-5-1, fighting out of Toms River, N.J.). Originally set to challenge Holloway in December before being sidelined by injury, Edgar aims to become only the fifth fighter to win championships in two UFC divisions. Known for his fast-paced style and iron chin, he has earned impressive wins over Yair Rodriguez, Chad Mendes, Urijah Faber, Gray Maynard and two-division champ B.J. Penn. With the history books in his sights, Edgar plans to stop the surging Holloway in his tracks.
UFC® 222: HOLLOWAY vs. EDGAR will see heavyweight contenders collide when No. 10 Stefan Struve locks horns with No. 12 Andrei Arlovski.
The tallest fighter on the UFC roster at 6’11½”, Struve (32-9, fighting out of Beverwijk, The Netherlands) is also among the most dangerous finishers in the heavyweight division. Of his 28 career wins, 25 have come via knockout or submission. During his UFC tenure, he’s bested current heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic, UFC Hall of Famer Minotauro Nogueira and former title challenger Antonio Silva. Struve now hopes to return to the win column and add yet another legend to his stellar resume.
A former UFC heavyweight champion, Arlovski (26-15 1NC, fighting out of Chicago, Ill.) looks to keep his momentum rolling following a decision victory over highly touted prospect Junior Albini in November. Throughout his 19-year run, the dangerous veteran has fought the who’s who of MMA heavyweights. He holds wins against former champs Fabricio Werdum, Frank Mir and Tim Sylvia. Arlovski now has his sights set on re-entering the Top 10 with a stunning win over Struve.
Additional bouts on the card include:
• In a clash between No. 6-ranked women’s bantamweight contenders, former title challenger Cat Zingano (9-2, fighting out of Denver, Colo.) takes on rising star Ketlen Vieira(9-0, fighting out of Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil)
• DANA WHITE’S TUESDAY NIGHT CONTENDER SERIES contract winner Sean O’Malley (9-0, fighting out of Glendale, Ariz.) looks to remain undefeated when he takes on talented striker Andre Soukhamthath (12-5, fighting out of Lake Worth, Fla.)
• Decorated Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt Mackenzie Dern (5-0, fighting out of Phoenix, Ariz.) debuts against Ashley Yoder (5-3, fighting out of Temecula, Calif.)
• The Ultimate Fighter® veteran C.B. Dollaway (17-9, fighting out of Tempe, Ariz.) meets dangerous KO artist Hector Lombard (43-8-1 2NC, fighting out of Coconut Creek, Fla. by way of Matanzas, Cuba)
• No. 7-ranked bantamweight contender Bryan Caraway (21-8, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev.) returns against hot prospect Cody Stamann (16-1, fighting out of Sparta, Mich.)
• Unbeaten Jordan Johnson (8-0, fighting out of San Diego, Calif.) squares off with Adam Milstead (8-1, fighting out of Pittsburgh, Penn.)