Police issue arrest warrant for Nate Diaz after brawl outside bar
Police in New Orleans, Louisiana have issued an arrest warrant for former UFC fighter Nate Diaz. The professional mixed martial artist is wanted on suspicion of second-degree battery after a video of him choking a man out went viral over the weekend.
NOPD spokesperson Karen A. Boudrie confirmed the charge to MMA Fighting reporters on Monday night, two days after the alleged incident.
“There has been an arrest warrant issued — he is not in custody,” Boudrie said.
Boudrie said NOPD issued the charge after gathering videos of the incident in which Diaz allegedly choked the man unconscious.
Rodney Peterson, the victim, who just happens to look like Logan Paul later displayed a head injury and vowed revenge on Diaz, who was in New Orleans to support teammate Chris Avila for a fight at Misfits Boxing 6.
Second-degree battery is a felony in Louisiana that is punishable by up to eight years in prison “with or without hard labor,” a $2,000 fine or both.
Earlier in the same night, Diaz threw a water bottle at TV star Chase DeMoor and was ejected from the boxing event.
Diaz is currently set to fight Logan’s brother Jake Paul in a boxing bout in August.
MyMMANews.com – We cover everything from MMA, BJJ, Bare Knuckle, Wrestling, Boxing, Kickboxing, and Judo