Sean O’Malley announced he will be returning to the Octagon on June 6 at UFC 250.
The UFC is still actively booking fights for upcoming cards and UFC 250 is no different. Although the card is just weeks away, one of the promotions upcoming stars in O’Malley took to social media to announce he’d be fighting on the card.
Daddy returns June 6th, you are welcome.
— Sean O'Malley (@SugaSeanMMA) May 21, 2020
“Daddy returns June 6th, you are welcome,” O’Malley wrote on Twitter.
Sean O’Malley returned at UFC 248 with a first-round TKO win over Jose Alberto Quinonez in his first fight in two years due to a USADA suspension for a tainted supplement. The win improved him to 11-0 as a pro and 3-0 inside the Octagon. The bantamweight contender has notable wins over Andre Soukhamthath, Terrion Ware, and Alfred Khashakyan on the Contender Series to earn his UFC deal.
O’Malley is no doubt a rising star in the sport but who he will fight on this card is unknown at this point. Several bantamweight fighters like Brian Kelleher have called him out. But, many believe the undefeated fighter should get a ranked opponent.
Although his opponent is not known, the good news for O’Malley fans is that you will get to see him fight at UFC 250 on June 6 and see him compete for the second time in 2020.
UFC 250 goes down on June 6 at a location TBD. The hope for Dana White and UFC is they can hold the event at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas but need the approval of the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
The latest UFC 250 lineup now includes:
- Amanda Nunes vs. Felicia Spencer — featherweight title fight
- Devin Clark vs. Alonzo Menifield — light heavyweight
- Ian Heinisch vs. Gerald Meerschaert — middleweight
- Raphael Assuncao vs. Cody Garbrandt — bantamweight
- Jussier Formiga vs. Alex Perez — flyweight
- Charles Byrd vs. Maki Pitolo — middleweight
- Neil Magny vs. Anthony Rocco Martin — welterweight
- Sean O’Malley vs. TBD — bantamweight