Sean O’Malley appears to have his next fight set.
The 26-year-old O’Malley, one of the UFC’s rising young stars, is coming off a knockout victory over Thomas Almeida at UFC 260 this past March in Las Vegas. Before that, he had suffered the first loss of his professional career when he was stopped in the first round by Marlon “Chito” Vera at UFC 252 last August.
Overall, O’Malley is 13-1, with nine of those victories coming by way of T/KO. He’s currently 5-1 in the UFC, with three victories coming by way of stoppage.
The 29-year-old Smolka, meanwhile, has won six of his last eight fights and is coming off a TKO victory over Jose Quinonez this past December. Since returning to the UFC in 2018, he’s gone 3-2, earning stoppage wins over Su Mudaerji, Ryan McDonald, and Quinonez. The two losses in that stretch came against Matt Schnell and Casey Kenney.
The current lineup for 264, which will be headlined by the highly anticipated trilogy match between Dustin Poirier and Conor McGregor and take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, can be seen below:
- Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor
- Gilbert Burns vs. Stephen Thompson
- Jessica Eye vs. Jennifer Maia
- Ryan Hall vs. Ilia Topuria
- Omari Akhmedov vs. Brad Tavares
- Jerome Rivera vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov
- Greg Hardy vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Dricus Du Plessis vs. Trevin Giles
- Sean O’Malley vs. Louis Smolka
Long Island-based sports writer covering MMA, Boxing, and the New York Jets.