Six Bouts Added to Invicta FC 19 Fight Card, Tickets on Sale Tomorrow
The following two tabs change content below.
Founder of MyMMANews.com
- After writing for Ultimate MMA magazine and serving as the editor for U.S. Combat Sports, both of which went on hiatus, I decided to venture out on my own and enlist a staff of writers and photographers that could help me achieve my goal of telling stories that would otherwise go untold. We pride ourselves in taking a deeper look into the fighter, and understanding what makes them click.
- #1 Dad, Marine Corps Veteran, 80's and 90's Pro Wrestling Fan, MMA Commentator, Beer Lover, and avid movie watcher. Seriously..... I watch a lot of movies.
Six Bouts Added to Invicta FC 19 Fight Card
Irene Aldana Returns, Tiffany Van Soest Debuts on Friday, Sept. 23Tickets on sale tomorrow, Saturday, Aug. 27 via Ticketfly.com
Kansas City, Mo. – Invicta Fighting Championships today announced the eight-fight card for Invicta FC 19, the organization’s return to Scottish Rite Temple – the nationally recognized historic landmark – in Kansas City, Mo. on Friday, Sept. 23.
Six additional bouts join the previously announced flyweight and atomweight title fights at Invicta FC 19, which streams live and exclusively on UFC Fight Pass.
Pulled from Invicta FC 18 after her opponent was forced off the card, Mexico’s Irene Aldana (5-2) returns to the Invicta cage for a bantamweight brawl with Faith “The Immortal” Van Duin (6-2) of New Zealand, who drops down after previously competing for Invicta’s featherweight championship.
Several strawweight debuts are on deck for Invicta FC 19:
- Muay Thai champion Tiffany “Time Bomb” Van Soest makes her professional mixed martial arts debut. Van Soest’s opponent will be announced shortly.
- Indian prospect Manjit Kolekar (8-0) puts an unblemished record on the line in her promotional debut against Brazilian veteran Kaline “The Dark Angel” Medeiros (7-4), who enters the bout on a four-fight winning streak.
- Sunna “Tsunami” Davidsdottir, a member of Iceland’s Mjölnir MMA gym, also enters her first professional bout, taking on Ashley “Doll Face” Greenway (1-0).
Plus, undefeated atomweight Julia “Jewels” Jones (4-0) meets Stephanie “The Scrapper” Skinner (4-5) while Amber Leibrock (1-1) and Amy “Donkey Kong” Coleman (2-0) square off at featherweight.
Invicta FC 19 is headlined by newly crowned interim flyweight champion Jennifer Maia (13-4-1) putting her belt on the line against challenger Roxanne “The Happy Warrior” Modafferi (19-12). In the co-main event, Japanese star Ayaka Hamaski (13-1) defends her atomweight championship against surging Jinh Yu Frey (5-1).
The eight-fight card for Invicta FC 19 can be found below:
Interim Flyweight Title: Jennifer Maia (13-4-1) vs. Roxanne Modafferi (19-12)
Atomweight Title: Ayaka Hamasaki (13-1) vs. Jinh Yu Frey (5-1)
Bantamweight: Irene Aldana (5-2) vs. Faith Van Duin (6-2)
Strawweight: Manjit Kolekar (8-0) vs. Kaline Medeiros (7-4)
Strawweight: Tiffany Van Soest (0-0) vs. TBA
Atomweight: Julia Jones (4-0) vs. Stephanie Skinner (4-5)
Featherweight: Amber Leibrock (1-1) vs. Amy Coleman (2-0)
Strawweight: Ashley Greenway (1-0) vs. Sunna Rannveig Davidsdottir (0-0)
Tickets for Invicta FC 19 go on sale tomorrow, Saturday, Aug. 27 at 10 a.m. CT and will be available for $75, $50, and $35 at Ticketfly.com.