LOS ANGELES – This evening at the UFC weigh-ins, all 22 fighters on the card made weight for their bouts. In the main event, Women’s Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey (10-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) defends her crown tomorrow night agaisnt No.1 contender Cat Zingano (9-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) at the Staples Center.
The challenger, Zingano, weighed in first at 134.5-pounds. The Champion, Rousey, who defends her title for the fifth time in the UFC, weighed in at 135-pounds flat. The two women participated in an intense staredown, building anticipation for tomorrow night’s headliner.
The co-main event bout includes UFC newcomer Holly Holm(7-0, 0-0) and Raquel Pennington (5-4, 2-1). Holm, entering her debut as a former elite pro boxer, stood on the scale at 135.5-pounds. Pennington also weighed in at 135.5-pounds.
On the pay-per-view main card, Jake Ellenberger (29-9 MMA, 8-5 UFC) was 171-pounds for his welterweight bout against Josh Koscheck (17-8 MMA, 15-8 UFC), who was 170.5-pounds. In a lightweight bout, Tony Ferguson (17-3 MMA, 7-1 UFC) was 156-pounds for his fight with Gleison Tibau (33-10 MMA, 16-8 UFC), who came in at 155-pounds. Alan Jouban (10-3 MMA, 1-1 UFC) battles Richard Walsh (8-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) in another welterweight bout, both were on weight at 170.5-pounds and 171-pounds, respectively.
The weigh-ins took place at the Event Deck at L.A. Live in Los Angeles, next door to the Staples Center, host of Saturday’s event.
The full UFC 184 weigh-in results included:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- (C) Ronda Rousey (135) vs. Cat Zingano (134.5) – Women’s bantamweight title
- Holly Holm (135.5) vs. Raquel Pennington (135.5)
- Jake Ellenberger (171) vs. Josh Koscheck (170.5)
- Alan Jouban (170.5) vs. Richard Walsh (171)
- Tony Ferguson (156) vs. Gleison Tibau (155)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Roan Carneiro (184.5) vs. Mark Munoz (187.25)*
- Roman Salazar (135) vs. Norifumi Yamamoto (136)
- Dhiego Lima (170) vs. Tim Means (170)
- Derrick Lewis (262) vs. Ruan Potts (253)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Night, 7 p.m. ET)
- James Krause (155) vs. Valmir Lazaro (155.5)
- Masio Fullen (145) vs. Alexander Torres (145.5)
* Munoz has two hours to cut to the middleweight max of 186 pounds.
Kyle Carroll is a Long Island, N.Y. native and avid MMA and amateur wrestling fan. He has been a part of the wrestling community for nearly 20 years. Carroll has six years of experience coaching high school wrestling. His father coached high school wrestling over 35 years, passing on his strong knowledge. Carroll has been reporting MMA news since January 2011. The former wrestler’s coverage includes the 2012 U.S. Olympic Wrestling Team Trials, 2013 & 2016 NCAA D1 Wrestling Championship, and numerous MMA events (Bellator MMA, King of the Cage, North American Fighting Championship, and Glory).