LOS ANGELES – This evening at the UFC weigh-ins, all 22 fighters on the card made weight for their bouts. In the main event, Women’s Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey (10-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) defends her crown tomorrow night agaisnt No.1 contender Cat Zingano (9-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) at the Staples Center.
The challenger, Zingano, weighed in first at 134.5-pounds. The Champion, Rousey, who defends her title for the fifth time in the UFC, weighed in at 135-pounds flat. The two women participated in an intense staredown, building anticipation for tomorrow night’s headliner.
The co-main event bout includes UFC newcomer Holly Holm(7-0, 0-0) and Raquel Pennington (5-4, 2-1). Holm, entering her debut as a former elite pro boxer, stood on the scale at 135.5-pounds. Pennington also weighed in at 135.5-pounds.
On the pay-per-view main card, Jake Ellenberger (29-9 MMA, 8-5 UFC) was 171-pounds for his welterweight bout against Josh Koscheck (17-8 MMA, 15-8 UFC), who was 170.5-pounds. In a lightweight bout, Tony Ferguson (17-3 MMA, 7-1 UFC) was 156-pounds for his fight with Gleison Tibau (33-10 MMA, 16-8 UFC), who came in at 155-pounds. Alan Jouban (10-3 MMA, 1-1 UFC) battles Richard Walsh (8-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) in another welterweight bout, both were on weight at 170.5-pounds and 171-pounds, respectively.
The weigh-ins took place at the Event Deck at L.A. Live in Los Angeles, next door to the Staples Center, host of Saturday’s event.
The full UFC 184 weigh-in results included:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- (C) Ronda Rousey (135) vs. Cat Zingano (134.5) – Women’s bantamweight title
- Holly Holm (135.5) vs. Raquel Pennington (135.5)
- Jake Ellenberger (171) vs. Josh Koscheck (170.5)
- Alan Jouban (170.5) vs. Richard Walsh (171)
- Tony Ferguson (156) vs. Gleison Tibau (155)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Roan Carneiro (184.5) vs. Mark Munoz (187.25)*
- Roman Salazar (135) vs. Norifumi Yamamoto (136)
- Dhiego Lima (170) vs. Tim Means (170)
- Derrick Lewis (262) vs. Ruan Potts (253)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Night, 7 p.m. ET)
- James Krause (155) vs. Valmir Lazaro (155.5)
- Masio Fullen (145) vs. Alexander Torres (145.5)
* Munoz has two hours to cut to the middleweight max of 186 pounds.Follow MyMMANews.com on Social Media
Latest posts by Kyle Carroll (see all)
- Cage Wars 34: Four Title Bouts Broadcasting on FloCombat - October 19, 2017
- Cage Wars 34: Mike “The Gentlemen” Martinez Fights for Bantamweight Title - October 18, 2017
- Ronin United MMA Gym Soft-Opening Sept. 23rd - September 17, 2017