UFC 193 took place at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne, Australia and featured two title bouts; both the UFC women’s bantamweight and strawweight titles were on the line.
More than 60,000 fans packed the stadium making it the largest live audience in UFC history. Also, it is the first time that two female title fights headlined a card.
In the main event, undefeated Ronda Rousey defended against undefeated former boxing champion, Holly Holm. The two ladies came to near blows yesterday at the weigh-ins and had to be separated. Unfortunately for Ronda it did not go her way. She was knocked out for the first time ever in her career.
In the co-main, Joanna Jedrzejczyk defended against Valerie Letourneau. The bout would go to a five-round decision. It was a hard fought battle. Letourneau would give the champion her toughest battle to date but still it was not enough. Jedrzejczyk would win a unanimous decision but she did it with ease.
Mark Hunt and Antonio Silva rematched a December 2013 bout that was one of the greatest bouts in UFC heavyweight history. That bout would end in a majority five round draw. Tonight Hunt finished via TKO in Round 1.
Robert Whittaker defeated number 10 ranked middleweight Uriah Hall who just came off a knockout win over Gegard Mousasi and will likely move into a ranked position.
Below are the official UFC 193 results.
- Holly Holm defeated Ronda Rousey via KO, Round 2, 0:59– for women’s bantamweight title
- Champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk defeated Valerie Letourneau (49-46, 49-46, 50-45) – for strawweight title
- Mark Hunt defeated Antonio Silva via TKO – Round 1, 3:41
- Robert Whittaker defeated Uriah Hall via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Jared Rosholt defeated Stefan Struve via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Jake Matthews defeated Akbarh Arreola via TKO (doctor stoppage) – Round 2, 5:00
- Kyle Noke defeated Peter Sobotta via TKO (kick and punches) – Round 1, 2:01
- Gian Villante defeated Anthony Perosh via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 2:56
- Danny Martinez defeated Richie Vaculik via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:15 p.m. ET)
- Daniel Kelly defeated Steve Montgomery via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Richard Walsh defeated Steven Kennedy via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- James Moontasri defeated Anton Zafir via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 4:36
- Ben Nguyen defeated Ryan Benoit via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:35
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- Split Decision MMA Podcast – Is CM Punk favored over Floyd Mayweather? - February 17, 2018
- Maverick MMA 5 Results – Haas vs. Heckman 3 - February 17, 2018
- UFC Fight Night 126 weigh-in results – Cerrone vs Medieros - February 17, 2018