UFC 250 is set in stone.
On Wednesday, the Nevada State Athletic Commission approved UFC 250 to be held at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. It will be Nevada’s first time holding UFC events since the global COVID-19 pandemic started affecting fights.
Not only does UFC 250 now have a location, but the card has also been finalized.
The main event will feature a women’s featherweight title fight between champ Amanda Nunes (19-4) and challenger Felicia Spencer (8-1). Nunes, who also holds the women’s bantamweight title, will be making her first title defense at 145-pounds.
In the co-main event, Cody Garbrandt (11-3), who is a former bantamweight champion, will return to the octagon to face Raphael Assuncao (27-7). The two were booked to fight earlier this year, but Garbrandt was forced to withdraw from the fight due to kidney issues.
Bantamweight’s will rule the main card as their are two other 135-pound fights on the main card. A huge fight between Aljamain Sterling (18-3) and Cory Sandhagen (12-1) may determine the No. 1 contender for the bantamweight belt after Jose Aldo and Petr Yan fight for the vacant title. Also rising bantamweight star Sean O’Malley (11-0) will kick off the main card against Eddie Wineland.
The full UFC 250 card is listed below.
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Amanda Nunes vs. Felicia Spencer – for featherweight title
- Raphael Assuncao vs. Cody Garbrandt
- Cory Sandhagen vs. Aljamain Sterling
- Neil Magny vs. Anthony Rocco Martin
- Sean O’Malley vs. Eddie Wineland
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, 8 p.m. ET)
- Alex Caceres vs. Chase Hooper
- Ian Heinisch vs. Gerald Meerschaert
- Brian Kelleher vs. Cody Stamann
- Charles Byrd vs. Maki Pitolo
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 6 p.m. ET)
- Jussier Formiga vs. Alex Perez
- Devin Clark vs. Alonzo Menifield