UFC announces deal with Monster Energy drink
The UFC today confirmed a new partnership with Monster Energy, to be the official energy drink of the UFC. This new exclusive deal – which excludes Brazil – continues UFC’s approach of partnering with industry-leading companies that share the same values and vision to further maximize and expand branding opportunities worldwide.
“The UFC is excited to partner with a category leader like Monster Energy and introduce them to our fans who embody the same enthusiasm and passion synonymous with their brand,” UFC Executive Vice President of Global Marketing Partnerships Michael Mossholder said. “This new multi-year deal will bring new and exciting experiential opportunities and unique in-market retail promotions.”
“We are excited to partner with the world’s leading mixed martial arts organization as the official energy drink of UFC as we expand our commitment into the MMA category,” said Sam Pontrelli, Monster Energy Senior Vice President of Marketing. “Through this partnership we will build a stronger brand position and expand our reach globally, thereby gaining exposure to a new audience while supporting the sport’s premiere athletes. We look forward to a long and mutually beneficial relationship.”
Monster Energy will also be sponsoring select athletes including UFC women’s bantamweight champion “Rowdy” Ronda Rousey, as well as UFC lightweight champion Anthony “Showtime” Pettis and former UFC welterweight champion and current No.1 welterweight contender Johny “Bigg Rigg” Hendricks, both of whom are competing at UFC 185 in Dallas this coming Saturday.
Additional UFC athletes will be announced at a later date.
As part of this partnership, the Monster Energy logo has center placement on the canvas, as first witnessed at UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano in Los Angeles. Monster Energy will also be promoted on various UFC entities inside and outside the Octagon and together with UFC they will execute distinctive retail promotions and contest opportunities such as:
- “Belt the Champ”: a promotion to give one lucky fan the opportunity to attend a title fight and step inside the Octagon to present the championship belt.
- The “Monster Experience”: an opportunity for fans to gain unparalleled access during a UFC fight week, including access to open workouts, the weigh-in, press conferences, and the chance to sit with UFC President Dana White at the live event.
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- Brave 14 Results from Tangier, Morocco – Ottman Azaitar wins by KO - August 18, 2018
- Filthy Tom Lawlor, Gleison Tibau, MMA news on Split Decision MMA - August 18, 2018
- CES 52 results from 2300 Arena in Philadelphia – Jeremiah Wells vs Jason Norwood - August 17, 2018