UFC Fight Night 85 take place today at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. The card aired on FOX Sports 1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass.
In the main event former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir had his hands full with local favorite, Mark Hunt.
It was a short night for Mir as he was stopped by Hunt via strikes inside the first round.
UFC Fight Night 85 featured a co-main event in the welterweight division as Hector Lombard takes on Neil Magny.
It looked as if Magny was going to be defeated early on as Lombard pounded away on his face but he weathered the storm and at the end of round two when the fight should have been stopped in the favor of Magny, it wasn’t. The referee had afforded Lombard the same opportunity he did Magny. But finally, in the third, the fight was stopped and Lombard laid on the canvas in defeat.
Leslie Smith returned to the UFC octagon for the first time since November 2014 when her cauliflower ear literally exploded at the hands of Jessica “Evil” Eye. Also, Rin Nakai, who last fought against Miesha Tate back in September 2014. The two bantamweights would fight to a decision with Smith getting the nod.
UFC Fight Night 85: Hunt vs Mir Results:
MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 10 p.m. ET)
- Mark Hunt defeated Frank Mir via KO – Round 1, 3:01
- Neil Magny defeated Hector Lombard via TKO – Round 3, 0:46
- Jake Matthews defeated Johnny Case via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 4:45
- Daniel Kelly defeated Antonio Carlos Junior via TKO – Round 3, 1:36
- Steve Bosse defeated James Te Huna via KO – Round 1, 0:52
- Seo Hee Ham vs. Bec Rawlings via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Alan Jouban defeated Brendan O’Reilly via TKO – Round 1, 2:15
- Dan Hooker defeated Mark Eddiva via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 1:24
- Leslie Smith defeated Rin Nakai via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Viscardi Andrade defeated Richard Walsh via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET)
- Ross Pearson defeated Chad Laprise via split decision (28-30, 30-27, 29-28)
- Alan Patrick defeated Damien Brown via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- CM Punk to get another shot in UFC, likely this year - January 22, 2018
- KASAI Pro 2 185lbs (83.9kg) Amateur Qualifier Set for March 3 - January 22, 2018
- KASAI Announces Second Pro Event - January 22, 2018