New class to be inducted into UFC Hall of Fame, July 10
UFC® today announced that it will induct its 2016 Hall of Fame class on Sunday, July 10, at the UFC Fan Expo® during the final day of the 5th Annual UFC International Fight Week™. The ceremony will begin at 12 p.m. PT on the main stage theater of the South Hall at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The event will also be streamed live and available on-demand exclusively on UFC FIGHT PASS®.
The UFC Hall of Fame consists of four categories, which are:
- Pioneer Era – Athletes who turned pro before November 17, 2000 (when unified rules of MMA were adopted), is a minimum age of 35 or has been retired for one year or more.
- Modern Era – Athletes who turned pro on or after November 17, 2000 (when unified rules of MMA were adopted).
- Contributors Wing – Recognizing significant contributions and accomplishments to the sport of mixed martial arts and UFC outside of the Octagon®.
- Fight Wing – Recognizing the most historic fights in the sport. To be eligible, fights will have taken place a minimum of five years before date of induction.
To view a complete list of UFC athletes and fights currently enshrined in the UFC Hall of Fame, as well as details regarding the UFC Hall of Fame format, please visit UFCHOFFAQ.
The Class of 2016 will be announced in the coming weeks leading to the landmark UFC 200®: CORMIER vs. JONES 2, on Saturday, July 9 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Fans with tickets to the UFC Fan Expo will be able to attend the induction ceremony at no additional cost. Tickets for UFC Fan Expo will be offered in various packages, with three-day passes beginning at $75 online. Two-day passes begin at $65, while one-day passes are $45. Fans can also purchase VIP elite packages for $300 or VIP ultimate packages for $3,000. *Events are subject to change.
To purchase tickets, please visit UFCTICKETS.
UFC FIGHT PASS is available on personal computers, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, Chromecast, Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV and Roku devices.
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- UFC on FOX 25 Results: Weidman vs. Gastelum - July 22, 2017
- Split Decision MMA Podcast: Lesnar back in USADA? Chiesa denied, more - July 21, 2017
- Victory Fighting Championship VFC 58 weigh-in results - July 21, 2017