UFC returns to Singapore
Singapore – UFC® makes its highly anticipated return to Singapore on Saturday, June 17 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. Tickets to UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: SINGAPORE go on sale Thursday, April 13 at 10 a.m. SGT via Sports Hub Tix.
Fans who follow UFC on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram can access pre-sale tickets today, April 12, by using the promo code UFCSINGAPORE.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: SINGAPORE will also feature the following confirmed bouts:
– Former lightweight kingpin Rafael Dos Anjos, (25-9-0, fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) regarded as one of the pound for pound best lightweight fighters on the planet, will make his welterweight debut in a thrilling match-up against Belgian veteran Tarec Saffiedine (16-6-0, fighting out of Brussels, Belgium). The last time Belgium’s first UFC fighter fought in Singapore, he walked away with a Fight of the Night bonus
– Former UFC heavyweight champion and current No.8 ranked Andrei “The Pitbull” Arlovski (25-14-0, 1NC, fighting out of Chicago, Illinois, USA) takes on the surging Polish prodigy Marcin “Tybur” Tybura (15-2-0, fighting out of Warszawa, Poland)
– “The Stun Gun” Dong Hyun Kim (22-3-1, fighting out of Busan, South Korea) is a UFC veteran who has been competing in the Octagon® since 2008. A cunning and patient grappler, he will be meeting the relentless wrestler and submission ace Colby “Chaos” Covington (11-1-0, fighting out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA)
– Japanese MMA legend Takanori “The Fireball Kid” Gomi, (35-12-0,1NC, fighting out of Tokyo, Japan) will fight for the first time in Singapore meeting well-rounded American, Jon “Super Saiyan” Tuck (9-4-0, fighting out of Hagatna, Guam, USA)
– A clash between “The Dongbei Tiger” Wang Guan (19-1-1, fighting out of Dongbei China), one of China’s brightest prospects, and Alex “Bruce Leeroy” Caceres (12-10-0, fighting out of Miami, Florida, USA) is a staple of the UFC’s featherweight division
– A flyweight scrap will see Japan’s talented Ulka Sasaki (19-4-2, fighting out of Shizuoka, Japan), clash with UFC veteran Justin Scoggins (11-3-0, fighting out of Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA) in what will be an exciting technical bout
– A former Korean regional champion and UFC prospect “Handsome” Kwan Ho Kwak (9-1-0, fighting out of Seoul, South Korea) looks to win glory for his home country in a bantamweight duel with Hawaiian striker Russell Doane (14-7-0, fighting out of Honolulu, Hawaii, USA)
– Heavyweight standouts Cyril “Silverback” Asker (8-2-0, fighting out of Avignon, France) and Walt “The Big Ticket” Harris (9-5-0, fighting out of Birmingham, Alabama, USA) will also throw down in a heavyweight tilt
– Undefeated prospect Naoki Inoue (10-0, fighting out of Toyohashi, Aichi, Japan) will make his UFC debut in the Garden City. Facing off across the Octagon® will be the also undefeated Filipino Carls “Golden Boy” John De Tomas (6-0, fighting out of the Quezon City, Philippines)For the latest card information or current fight news, please visit UFC.com. All bouts are subject to change. More bouts will be confirmed as they become available.
Tickets for UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: SINGAPORE will go on sale Wednesday, April 13 at 10 a.m. and are priced at S$378, S$248, S$128, S$98, and S$58 (prices do not include applicable service charges and fees). Tickets will be available for purchase online at www.sportshubtix.sg, the Sports Hub Tix Box Office, Sports Hub Tix Outlets at all SingPost locations, and by calling Sports Hub Tix Hotline at +65 3158 7888. Early bird promotions will be available from April 13-27.
Follow MyMMANews.com on Social Media
The following two tabs change content below.
Founder of MyMMANews.com
- After writing for Ultimate MMA magazine and serving as the editor for U.S. Combat Sports, both of which went on hiatus, I decided to venture out on my own and enlist a staff of writers and photographers that could help me achieve my goal of telling stories that would otherwise go untold. We pride ourselves in taking a deeper look into the fighter, and understanding what makes them tick.
- #1 Dad, Marine Corps Veteran, 80's and 90's Pro Wrestling Fan, MMA Commentator, Beer Lover, and avid movie watcher. Seriously..... I watch a lot of movies.