UFC FIGHT PASS TO HIGHLIGHT TOP FEMALE ATHLETES IN COMBAT SPORTS THROUGHOUT ‘WOMEN’S WEEK’
DECEMBER 1-8 WILL FEATURE MORE THAN 12 HOURS OF LIVE ACTION, PLUS ORIGINAL AND FIRST-RUN PROGRAMMING
Las Vegas, Nevada – Today, UFC FIGHT PASS announced the world’s greatest digital destination for combat sports with an incredible lineup of female-driven content next month. Women’s Week will highlight some of the top female stars in combat sports, which coincides with the five-year anniversary of Ronda Rousey being crowned the first female champion of the UFC.
A pioneer of MMA, Rousey’s elevation to the pinnacle of the UFC helped establish the popularity of women across all combat sports disciplines – and UFC FIGHT PASS pays homage to half a decade of female fighters from December 1 through December 8.
Women’s Week will feature over 12 hours of fight action across two weekends, three combat sports, four promotions and four cities. This includes:
Friday, December 1:
• The UFC FIGHT PASS Prelims of THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER: A NEW WORLD CHAMPION – live from Las Vegas, Nevada – will feature contestants from this exciting season of The Ultimate Fighter. The bout will be announced shortly.
Saturday, December 2:
• GLORY SuperFight Series Kickboxing – the world’s greatest female striker, Tiffany van Soest, defends her GLORY bantamweight crown in New York City against No. 1 ranked challenger, Anissa Meksen.
• UFC 218 FIGHT PASS Prelims from Boston will also feature alumni of the current all-female season of The Ultimate Fighter.
Sunday, December 3:
• Eddie Bravo Invitational 14: The Absolutes – the biggest EBI event of the year is live from Austin, Texas and will include a four-woman, winner-take-all submission grappling tournament.
Friday, December 8:
• Invicta FC 26 – the final Invicta event of the year is a stacked card live from Kansas City, Missouri. Flyweight champion Jennifer Maia collides with undefeated No. 1 contender, Aga “Kuma” Niedzwiedz. The stacked card also features the promotional debut of McKenzie Dern, the undefeated submission specialist, who takes on former title challenger Kaline Medeiros in the sternest test of her 4-0 MMA career.
In addition to these amazing live events, UFC FIGHT PASS’s Women’s Week will showcase Original and first-run content featuring UFC stars Miesha Tate, Cris Cyborg, Michelle Waterson, Ronda Rousey, Rose Namajunas along with presenting the definitive collection of the greatest female fights of all time.
FIGHT PASS currently offers subscribers VOD access to 16,000+ fights from more than 35 MMA, grappling and kickboxing organizations, along with UFC’s archive of television shows including The Ultimate Fighter.
For more details on FIGHT PASS’s schedule visit: https://www.ufc.tv/category/fightpass-live-eventsFollow MyMMANews.com on Social Media
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- UFC releases statement regarding Fabricio Werdum - May 22, 2018
- Jay Glazer sits down with ‘Big Country’ before Bellator 200! - May 20, 2018
- UFC Fight Night 129 results from Santiago, Chile – Maia vs. Usman - May 19, 2018