The newly named UFC 196, which was originally, UFC 196, has added a women’s bantamweight bout to the mix.
Amanda Nunes and Valentina Shevchenko will meet in the women’s 135-pound division on March 5 at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.
Shevchenko (12-1) is currently riding a five-fight win-streak to include her recent UFC debut split decision win over Sarah Kaufman.
Nunes defeated Shayna Baszler and Sara McMann in her last two outings to hold a 4-1 UFC record, 11-4 overall.
The current UFC 196 fight card looks like this:
- Champ Rafael dos Anjos vs. Conor McGregor – for lightweight title
- Champ Holly Holm vs. Miesha Tate – for women’s bantamweight title
- Corey Anderson vs. Tom Lawlor
- Erick Silva vs. Nordine Taleb
- Darren Elkins vs. Chas Skelly
- Jim Miller vs. Diego Sanchez
- Marcelo Guimaraes vs. Vitor Miranda
- Amanda Nunes vs. Valentina Shevchenko
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- CES 52 results from 2300 Arena in Philadelphia – Jeremiah Wells vs Jason Norwood - August 17, 2018
- Queen of Bare Knuckle, Bec Rawlings: “Bare knuckle was meant for me” - August 17, 2018
- Danyel looks forward to be the face of Italian MMA - August 16, 2018