The long awaited arrival of Invicta FC’s featherweight champion Cris “Cyborg” Justino has finally come.
The UFC broke news today that Cyborg will fight in a 140-pound catchweight bout against Leslie Smith at UFC 198 on May 14 at Arena da Baixada in Curitiba, Brazil.
Cyborg (15-1, 1NC) has not lost a professional mixed martial arts bout in more than 10 years. Since arriving at Invicta FC in April 2013, Justino has rattled off five consecutive wins.
Smith (8-6-1) is coming off a unanimous decision win over Rin Nakai at UFC Fight Night 85 on March 19.
According to MMAJunkie the most recent UFC 198 card includes:
- Champ Fabricio Werdum vs. Stipe Miocic – for heavyweight title
- Vitor Belfort vs. Ronaldo Souza
- Uriah Hall vs. Anderson Silva
- Corey Anderson vs. Mauricio Rua
- Matt Brown vs. Demian Maia
- Patrick Cummins vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
- Warlley Alves vs. Bryan Barberena
- Yancy Medeiros vs. Francisco Trinaldo
- Nate Marquardt vs. Thiago “Marreta” Santos
- Sergio Moraes vs. Kamaru Usman
- Renato Moicano vs. Zubaira Tukhugov
- Rob Font vs. John Lineker
- Cristiane Justino vs. Leslie Smith
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- Watch controversial Keith Lee vs. Jeremy Pacatiw – Brave 14 fight in full - August 21, 2018
- Iran Diaz enlists ex-champ Juan Francisco Estrada as training partner - August 21, 2018
- Featherweight Title Fight Between Patricio ‘Pitbull’ & Emmanuel Sanchez Headlines Bellator’s Return to Tel Aviv, Israel on Nov. 15 - August 20, 2018