Cyborg to make UFC debut in catchweight bout at UFC 198
The following two tabs change content below.
Founder of MyMMANews.com
- After writing for Ultimate MMA magazine and serving as the editor for U.S. Combat Sports, both of which went on hiatus, I decided to venture out on my own and enlist a staff of writers and photographers that could help me achieve my goal of telling stories that would otherwise go untold. We pride ourselves in taking a deeper look into the fighter, and understanding what makes them click.
- #1 Dad, Marine Corps Veteran, 80's and 90's Pro Wrestling Fan, MMA Commentator, Beer Lover, and avid movie watcher. Seriously..... I watch a lot of movies.
The long awaited arrival of Invicta FC’s featherweight champion Cris “Cyborg” Justino has finally come.
The UFC broke news today that Cyborg will fight in a 140-pound catchweight bout against Leslie Smith at UFC 198 on May 14 at Arena da Baixada in Curitiba, Brazil.
Cyborg (15-1, 1NC) has not lost a professional mixed martial arts bout in more than 10 years. Since arriving at Invicta FC in April 2013, Justino has rattled off five consecutive wins.
Smith (8-6-1) is coming off a unanimous decision win over Rin Nakai at UFC Fight Night 85 on March 19.
According to MMAJunkie the most recent UFC 198 card includes:
- Champ Fabricio Werdum vs. Stipe Miocic – for heavyweight title
- Vitor Belfort vs. Ronaldo Souza
- Uriah Hall vs. Anderson Silva
- Corey Anderson vs. Mauricio Rua
- Matt Brown vs. Demian Maia
- Patrick Cummins vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
- Warlley Alves vs. Bryan Barberena
- Yancy Medeiros vs. Francisco Trinaldo
- Nate Marquardt vs. Thiago “Marreta” Santos
- Sergio Moraes vs. Kamaru Usman
- Renato Moicano vs. Zubaira Tukhugov
- Rob Font vs. John Lineker
- Cristiane Justino vs. Leslie Smith