The UFC is continuing to go on as scheduled and following UFC 250 this Saturday, the promotion will turnaround on June 13.
In the main event, Jessica Eye will welcome Cynthia Calvillo to the flyweight division. It is a very intriguing main event where Eye is the number one contender at 125-pounds and is looking to earn her rematch against Valentina Shevchenko.
Last time out, Eye beat Viviane Araujo at UFC 245 by decision to get back into the win column after the knockout loss to Shevchenko for the belt. Since moving down to flyweight, “Evil” is 4-1 with a notable win over Katlyn Chookagian.
Cynthia Calvillo, meanwhile, fought to a majority draw against Marina Rodriguez last time out. But, she missed weight by four and a half pounds which triggered the move to 125. In her career, she has notable wins over Cortney Casey, Joanne Calderwood, and Montana De La Rosa on the regional scenes.
Looking at the card, the co-main event is a really intriguing matchup between Karl Roberson and Marvin Vettori who have a feud since their fight in Jacksonville fell off due to Roberson falling ill. Vettori was then seen screaming at Roberson in the lobby. So, it should be a fun fight between two guys who don’t like each other.
Some other intriguing matchups is a bantamweight clash between Ray Borg and Merab Dvalishvili. Borg is making a quick turnaround after his loss to Ricky Simon to battle a top prospect in Dvalishvili.
Here is the full June 13 card revealed by Dana White on ESPN.
Main Card (9 p.m. ET)
- Cynthia Calvillo vs. Jessica Eye — flyweight main event
- Karl Roberson vs. Marvin Vettori — middleweight
- Andre Fili vs. Charles Jourdain — featherweight
- Ray Borg vs. Merab Dvalishvili — bantamweight
- Mark De La Rosa vs. Jordan Espinosa — bantamweight
Prelims (6 p.m. ET)
- Mariya Agapova vs. Melissa Gatto — flyweight
- Kevin Aguilar vs. Charles Rosa — lightweight
- Julia Avila vs. Gina Mazany — bantamweight
- Ryan Benoit vs. Tyson Nam — flyweight
- Jordan Griffin vs. Darrick Minner — featherweight