Boxing sensation Manny Pacquiao has reached out to UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor about setting up a boxing bout scheduled for the April 2018 timeframe.
The former boxing champion last fought in July when he lost his WBO welterweight title to Jeff Horn. McGregor of course participated in the fight that made headlines around the globe when he took on the undefeated Floyd Mayweather Jr., on August 26.
Pacquiao told AFP that a fight between him and McGregor would be “OK with both of us.” The deal however is far from done.
News of this announcement did not sit well with UFC President Dana White.
While at UFC Fight Night 123 in Fresno, California on Saturday night, White said, “”That would be weird, because [Conor’s] under contract with us,” White said. “If that’s true, I will be suing Manny Pacquiao and whoever’s representing him. So, I’m assuming that’s not true.”
As far as McGregor returning to the UFC, there has still be no movement on that announcement either. In fact, White wasn’t so sure that McGregor would even be returning. Last month the UFC President said, “Conor might never fight again. The guy’s got a f*cking hundred million dollars.
“These guys make money and that’s it. Fighting is the worst. Try to get up and get punched in the face every day when you’ve got $100 million in the bank. Money changes everything for a lot of people.”
MyMMANews.com – We cover everything from MMA, BJJ, Bare Knuckle, Wrestling, Boxing, Kickboxing, and Judo