Dominick Reyes

Dominick Reyes reacts to ‘disappointing’ news of Jon Jones planning to vacate title

Dominick Reyes won’t be happy to see Jon Jones vacate his title and walk away from the sport if he’s being serious.

Jon Jones and UFC president Dana White have been going back-and-forth in interviews and on social media in Jones’ case to trash one another. The two have not been on the same page since “Bones” asked to go up to heavyweight to fight Francis Ngannou, where he called for more money. But, White wouldn’t do that and instead said Jones was asking for way too much money.

Since then, Jon Jones has threatened to walk away from the sport. But, after cooling off, White said more about Jones and his asking price which fueled his anger. On Sunday, the light heavyweight champion took to social media to announce he would be vacating his belt. He also said Dominick Reyes would fight Jan Blachowicz for the vacant title.

“#ESPN Reyes vs Jan For the UFC light heavyweight championship of the world. As of right now, I got nothing to really gain fighting either of them. Let me know if you guys want to set up a day in 2021 for that Izzy fight. Hopefully you guys will be willing to pay by then,” Jones wrote.

That caught the attention of Dominick Reyes, who was looking to rematch Jones after his controversial decision loss at UFC 247. For “The Devastator” he says it’s disappointing if Jones is being sincere and walking away.

“Disappointing if it is true and he is serious, but the show must go on,” Reyes said.

Dominick Reyes, of course, is coming off the decision loss to Jon Jones which was his first professional loss. Before that, he had a knockout win over Chris Weidman and a controversial split decision win over Volkan Oezdemir.

If Jon Jones is really done, Dominick Reyes vs. Jan Blachowicz for the vacant belt would be a phenomenal fight and the next best option.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information