Dustin Jacoby will be making the walk in Madison Square Garden on Saturday.
According to MMA reporter, Marcell Dorff of MMA DNA, Jacoby has replaced the injured Aleksa Camur to fight John Allan at UFC 268 on November 6. MyMMANews was able to confirm the news with sources close to Jacoby. The main event of the pay-per-view card will see Kamaru Usman defend his welterweight title against Colby Covington.
Dustin Jacoby (15-5-1) is coming off a first-round TKO win over Darren Stewart back in August. Prior to that, he fought Ion Cutelaba to a draw in a fight many thought Jacoby should’ve won. He also picked up a decision win over Maxim Grishin and a TKO win over Justin Ledet in his return to the UFC after earning a contract on the Contender Series back in August of 2020. Jacoby fought two fights in the UFC in 2011 and 2012 where he lost to Clifford Starks and was submitted by Chris Camozzi. He then fought in Bellator, WSOF, and Glory Kickboxing among others to get back into the Octagon.
John Allan (13-6), suffered a split decision loss to Roman Dolidze last time out. Before that, he originally beat Mike Rodriguez by decision but the fight was overturned to a No Contest after Allan was flagged by USADA. The fight against Rodriguez was his UFC debut as he competed on DWCS in 2018 but was submitted by Vinicius Moreira.
With the addition of Dustin Jacoby vs. John Allan, UFC 268 is as follows:
- Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covigton
- Rose Namajunas vs. Weili Zhang
- Justin Gaethje vs. Michael Chandler
- Shane Burgos vs. Billy Quarantillo
- Frankie Edgar vs. Marlon Vera
- Andreas Michailidis vs. Alex Pereira
- Al Iaquinta vs. Bobby Green
- Phil Hawes vs. Chris Curtis
- Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Nassourdine Imavov
- Jordan Williams vs. Ian Garry
- Gian Villante vs. Chris Barnett
- Dustin Jacoby vs. John Allan
- Melsik Baghdasaryan vs. Bruno Souza
- CJ Vergara vs. Ode Osbourne
Cole Shelton covers MMA for BJPenn.com, MMANews, and MyMMANews.com while also being the lead MMA odds writer for Sports Betting Dime