George Sullivan now faces Tim Means in Newark
Currently riding a three-fight winning streak that includes a UFC 184 stoppage of Dhiego Lima, Albuquerque’s Tim Means will make a quick return to the Octagon on Saturday, April 18, as he steps in for the injured Kenny Robertson to face George Sullivan in a UFC Fight Night welterweight bout at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.
Sullivan, a New Jersey-based fighter who trains with former UFC fighter Kurt Pellegrino, gets a home fight against Means. Sullivan has won eight straight fights, including his first two bouts in the UFC. He debuted with the promotion at UFC on FOX 10, taking a unanimous decision from Mike Rhodes. He returned this past September and locked out Igor Araujo in hostile territory in Brazil, giving him knockouts in 11 of his 16 career wins.
Tickets for UFC Fight Night Newark, which is headlined by the middleweight bout between top contenders Lyoto Machida and Luke Rockhold, are on sale now. The card will air on FOX.
With the change in the lineup, UFC on FOX 15 now includes:
MAIN CARD (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Lyoto Machida vs. Luke Rockhold
- Yoel Romero vs. Ronaldo Souza
- Max Holloway vs. Cub Swanson
- Felice Herrig vs. Paige VanZant
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX, 6 p.m. ET)
- Paul Felder vs. Jim Miller
- Patrick Cummins vs. Ovince St. Preux
- Corey Anderson vs. Gian Villante
- Aljamain Sterling vs. Takeya Mizugaki
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 4:15 p.m. ET)
- Tim Means vs. George Sullivan
- Diego Brandao vs. Jimy Hettes
- Nick Catone vs. Vitor Miranda
- Chris Dempsey vs. Eddie Gordon
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- Boxing champ Anthony Joshua punches through glass at Under Armour store - December 10, 2017
- Dana White’s campaign to meet bullied student, Keaton Jones, successful - December 10, 2017
- MyMMANews.com End of Year Awards – 2017 – Vote For The Best - December 10, 2017