Ian Heinisch discusses his upcoming fight at UFC on ESPN+ 5 against Tom Breese. The event will take place March 16 at the O2 Arena in London, England.
“The Hurricane” discusses getting the opportunity to step in for the injured Cezar Ferreira — who Heinisch defeated in his UFC debut in November, replacing Tom Breese on six days notice — how his incredible story told in The Player’s Tribune came to be before that debut fight in Argentina and what that win meant to him after everything that has happened in his life, how close a fight with David Branch came to happening, Breese as an opponent and how he sees the fight ending, what he would want next if all goes according to plan, some fantasy matchmaking with Darren Till (which isn’t as farfetched as he may have thought) and much more.
UFC London will be headlined by a welterweight matchup between Till, a former UFC title challenger, and Jorge Masvidal.
UFC on ESPN+ 5 Fight Card:
- Jorge Masvidal vs. Darren Till
- Leon Edwards vs. Gunnar Nelson
- Volkan Oezdemir vs. Dominick Reyes
- Jack Marshman vs. John Phillips
- Danny Roberts vs. Claudio Silva
- Priscila Cachoeira vs. Molly McCann
- Tom Breese vs. Ian Heinisch
- Saparbeg Safarov vs. Gokhan Saki
- Jordan Rinaldi vs. Arnold Allen
- Nathaniel Wood vs. Jose Quinones
- Dan Ige vs. Danny Henry
- Ned Narimani vs. Mike Grundy
- Marc Diakiese vs. Joe Duffy
Mike Heck is the a freelance MMA journalist covering the sport for a number of websites. Specializing in video interviews, Mike interviews everybody from prospects, to title contenders, to world champions, along with other influential personalities in the sport of MMA. Subscribe to his channel at https://youtube.com/mikeheckmma.