Dana White’s Contender Series lightweight standout Nikolas Motta will make his UFC debut on May 8 when he is set to face Bosnia’s Damir Hadzovic.
MMA DNA was first to report the new on Thursday, The event, which is currently expected to take place in the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, does not yet have a headliner booked.
Motta (12-3), earned his spot in the UFC with a decision victory over Joseph Lowry at a Contender Series show this past November – he also competed on the The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 4. Motta, a former a former Cage Fury FC lightweight titleholder is currently riding a three fight win streak – he has also won won five of his last six, including a knockout of current UFC fighter Joe Solecki.
Hadzovic (13-6), has earned notable victories over Marcin Held, Marco Polo Reyes and Nick Hein inside the Octagon. It hasn’t been the best of stints in the promotion as of late for Hadzovic after a pair of setbacks against Christos Giagos and Renato Carneiro the last two years. The Bosnian made his way to the UFC by winning six consecutive fights including four by stoppage from 2012 to 2015. “The Bosnian Bomber” was last in action at UFC Fight Night: Lee vs. Oliveira, the last fight card before the sports world shut down completely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Fight Night show currently includes:
- Donald Cerrone vs. Diego Sanchez – 170 lbs
- Holly Holm vs. Julianna Peña – 135 lbs
- Ryan Benoit vs. Zarrukh Adashev – 125 lbs
- Maurice Greene vs. Marcos Rogério de Lima – 265 lbs
- Christian Aguilera vs. Carlston Harris – 170 lbs
- Jimmy Flick vs. Francisco Figueiredo – 125 lbs
- Roxanne Modafferi vs. Taila Santos – 125 lbs
- Tafon Nchukwi vs. Jun Yong Park – 185 lbs
- Nikolas Motta vs. Damir Hadžović – 155 lbs