ONE Championship 27: Warrior’s Quest results
“ONE Championship 27: Warrior’s Quest” takes place today at the Singapore Indoor Stadium in Kallang, Singapore. The main card streams as an online pay-per-view in North America following preliminary bouts on Facebook.
Lightweight champion Shinya Aoki, now (38-6), met challenger Koji Ando (11-3-2) in the ONE Championship 27 headliner.
Aoki controlled the majority of the fight to win a unanimous decision victory over the challenger.
Going into this title bout, Aoki was on a seven fight win streak with his last loss coming via TKO at the hands of former Bellator lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez back at Bellator 66 in 2012. Aoki is widely considered the best lightweight in the world not signed to the UFC.
ONE Championship 27 results include:
MAIN CARD (Online pay-per-view, 9 a.m. ET)
- Champ Shinya Aoki defeated Koji Ando via unanimous decision
– for lightweight title
- Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke defeated Roy Doliguez via unanimous decision – for inaugural strawweight title
- Marat Gafurov defeated Ev Ting via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:30
- Lowen Tynanes defeated Kuat Khamitov via unanimous decision
- Ariel Sexton defeated Eddie Ng via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 1:10
- Shannon Wiratchai defeated Amir Khan via split decision
- Angela Lee defeated Aya Saeid Saber via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 1:43
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 7 a.m. ET)
- A La Teng Hei Lidefeated Stephen Langdown via TKO (punches and soccer kicks) – Round 2, 0:51
- Benedict Angdefeated Waqar Umar via unanimous decision
- Jianbing Yangdefeated Ali Yaakub via submission (armbar) – Round 2, 0:49
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- Full Card Set for Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship; First Legal, Regulated and Sanctioned Bare Knuckle Event in the U.S. Since 1889 - May 25, 2018
- Dynasty Combat Sports: Rumble At The Ralston – Official PPV Live Stream - May 25, 2018
- Rolando Valdez inks with AMTL Promotions, Debuts at Lumpinee Stadium June 2018 - May 25, 2018