Paige VanZant’s return to the Octagon will be delayed even more.
Combate is reporting that Paige VanZant has been forced to pull out of her fight against Amanda Ribas due to injury. And, Randa Markos will step in on short notice.
VanZant, who had not fought since her submission win over Rachel Ostovich in January of 2018. The win snapped her two-fight losing streak where she had lost to Jessica-Rose Clark and Michelle Waterson. The 25-year-old is 8-4 in her career including being 4-3 inside the Octagon with notable wins over Felice Herrig, and Bec Rawlings.
This was set to be Paige VanZant’s final fight of her UFC contract where many expected her to test free agency. Whether she will be booked in another fight or let go is to be seen.
Amanda Ribas, meanwhile, is currently ranked 15th in the division and is 8-1 as a pro including being 2-0 inside the Octagon. In her UFC debut, she submitted Emily Whitmire in the second round and followed that up with an upset with over Mackenzie Dern at UFC Tampa by decision. Her only loss came by knockout to Polyana Viana in Jungle Fights in Brazil, who is now in the UFC.
Randa Markos, has been in the UFC since 2014 when she was just 4-1 as a pro. She was on The Ultimate Fighter where she beat Tecia Torres and Felicia Herrig but lost to Rose Namajunas in the semis. In the UFC, she is 6-6-1 and has alternated wins and losses with the one draw. She’s coming off a split-decision win over Ashley Yoder and before that lost to Claudia Gadelha.
UFC Brasilia bouts now include:
- Kevin Lee vs. Charles Oliveira
- Nikita Krylov vs. Johnny Walker
- Jussier Formiga vs. Brandon Moreno
- Randa Markos vs. Amanda Ribas
- Aleksei Kunchenko vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
- Enrique Barzola vs. Rani Yahya
- Veronica Macedo vs. Bea Malecki
- Maryna Moroz vs. Mayra Bueno Silva
- Gilbert Burns vs. Demian Maia
- Francisco Trinaldo vs. John Makdessi
- Su Mudaerji vs. Bruno Silva
- Damir Hadzovic vs. Renato Moicano