Polaris 3 Results – Palhares vs Tonon – All Contests End In Draw
The following two tabs change content below.
Founder of MyMMANews.com
- After writing for Ultimate MMA magazine and serving as the editor for U.S. Combat Sports, both of which went on hiatus, I decided to venture out on my own and enlist a staff of writers and photographers that could help me achieve my goal of telling stories that would otherwise go untold. We pride ourselves in taking a deeper look into the fighter, and understanding what makes them click.
- #1 Dad, Marine Corps Veteran, 80's and 90's Pro Wrestling Fan, MMA Commentator, Beer Lover, and avid movie watcher. Seriously..... I watch a lot of movies.
Submission invitational, Polaris 3 took place this evening, April 2 from the Lighthouse, Poole, United Kingdom. In the main event grappling sensations Garry Tonon and Rousimar Palahares faced off in a battle between two master leg lock specialists. All eight matches on the night would end in a draw.
Also, UFC, Strikeforce and WSOF Veteran Jake Shields went up against AJ Agazarm. That bout just like the six bouts previous would end in a draw.
The preliminary card started at 4pm UK time and featured some of the UK’S best grapplers.
Illegal Methods / Movements
- Eye gouging or fish hooking
- Grabbing fingers, ears, hair, toes, or other extremity
- No posting on faces / one-handed windpipe grip
- Slamming above 50cm (high amplitude throws / takedowns will not be penalised)
- Chokes (except using fingers to crush windpipe)
- Joint locks involving shoulder, elbow, wrist, knee, ankle
- Illegal in gi: Spine / neck locks, heel hooks
- Winner is signified via tapout, verbal submission (voluntary or involuntary), or being unable to continue the bout due to injury
- 15 minutes time limit
- No points will be scored during the bout
- If there is no submission the bout is declared a draw
- In no-gi bouts the athletes must not grip any clothing
- Referee will be on stage to officiate the bout, ensure rules are followed and advise fighters when they get too near the edge of the mat, in which case they will be paused and returned to the centre of the mat in the same position. If no agreement on positioning can be made the athletes will be stood up at the centre of the ring
- Overall a high standard of sportsmanship is required before, during and after the fights.
Polaris 3 Results
MAIN CARD – 18:30 GMT (UK TIME)
Pay Per View
Rousimar Palhares x Garry Tonon (NO GI) end in a draw
AJ Agazarm x Jake Shields (NO GI) ends in a draw
Augusto Tanquinho x Eddie Cummings (NO GI) ends in a draw
Bruno Frazatto x Gianni Grippo (GI) ends in a draw
Gezary Matuda x Laurence Fouillat (GI) ends in a draw
Darragh O Conaill x Jon Satava (GI) ends in a draw
Geo Martinez x Luiz Tosta (NO GI) ends in a draw
Joao Miyao vs Yukinori Sasa (GI) ends in a draw