Resurrection Fighting Alliance held RFA 31 at the Downtown Las Vegas Events Center and the main card aired on AXS TV.
Headlining the card were two UFC and Titan FC veterans in Gilbert Smith and Bristol Marunde.
Smith (11-4), defended his RFA welterweight title against challenger, Marunde (16-9) while ladies Zoila Frausto (12-4) and Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger (5-1), fought for the vacant RFA strawweight title in the co-main event.
Neither Smith or Marunde were able to secure a victory in the UFC, however Marunde was able to right his ship and is now on a four fight win-streak while Smith captured the RFA title with an armbar submission victory over Benjamin Smith back in June.
Tonight in the fourth round, after a hard shot from Smith, Marunde turned away from the action and signaled to the referee that he was done. The early indications were that a left hook from Smith broke the jaw of Marunde.
The full RFA 31 results below:
MAIN CARD on AXS TV:
- Gilbert Smith defeated Bristol Marunde via TKO (injury) – Round 4, 2:03
- Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger defeated Zoila Frausto via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45) – to win vacant women’s strawweight title
- Gabriel Checco defeated Mike Jasper via submission (armbar) – Round 3, 4:17
- Matthew Lopez defeated Justin Linn via submission (face crank) – Round 1, 2:18
- Bojan Velickovic defeated Vardan Sholinian via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Zac Riley defeated Shai Lindsey via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 0:59
- David Arcangel defeated Zane Behrend via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 1:12
- Jason Pacheco defeated Jamin Tayaba via submission (kimura) – Round 2, 3:54
- Jeff Roman defeated Hector Saldana via unanimous decision
Follow MyMMANews.com on Social Media
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- Gina Iniong views rematch with Mei Yamaguchi as gateway to world title shot - November 20, 2017
- Ben Askren has no intention of giving up welterweight gold in career’s final bout - November 20, 2017
- Volkan Oezdemir arrested on aggravated battery charge in Florida - November 19, 2017