“The Russian Hammer” Artem Lobov (11-11-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) made a name for himself on season 22 of the Ultimate Fighter when it became known that he was training partners with now UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor. Lobov, a Russian native who had found a home in Ireland, was eliminated early from the show but was given a second chance, brought back into the competition and fought his way all the way to the finale.
Lobov would lose a decision to American, Ryan Hall on the show’s finale in December, but he gained fans and notoriety worldwide. The Russian Hammer has now been added to the UFC 196 fight card, taking on Alex White (10-2 MMA, 1-2 UFC).
UFC 196 takes place Feb. 6 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.
The latest UFC 196 lineup now includes:
- Champ Fabricio Werdum vs. Cain Velasquez – for heavyweight championship
- Johny Hendricks vs. Stephen Thompson
- Roy Nelson vs. Jared Rosholt
- Josh Burkman vs. K.J. Noons
- Mike Pyle vs. Sean Spencer
- Rafael Cavalcante vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Noad Lahat vs. Diego Rivas
- Artem Lobov vs. Alex White
Founder of MyMMANews.com
– After writing for Ultimate MMA magazine and serving as the editor for U.S. Combat Sports, both of which went on hiatus, I decided to venture out on my own and enlist a staff of writers and photographers that could help me achieve my goal of telling stories that would otherwise go untold. We pride ourselves in taking a deeper look into the fighter, and understanding what makes them tick.
– #1 Dad, Marine Corps Veteran, 80’s and 90’s Pro Wrestling Fan, MMA Commentator, Beer Lover, and avid movie watcher. Seriously….. I watch a lot of movies.