UFC 240 will take place Saturday night in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Before the fighters step in the Octagon, they hit the scales on Friday and they all did so successfully.
In the main event, Max Holloway will defend the UFC featherweight title against the former lightweight champion, Frankie Edgar. Holloway has been on an absolute tear at 145 pounds over the last several years but will be stepping into the cage coming off of a loss for the first time since his January 2014 fight with Will Chope, which Holloway won via second-round TKO. “Blessed” jumped up to 155 pounds to take on Dustin Poirier for the interim lightweight title at April’s UFC 236 event and lost a unanimous decision.
Edgar returns to the Octagon for the first time in over 15 months and looks to capture his second UFC world title, this time at 145 pounds. After a knockout loss to Brian Ortega at UFC 222 in March 2018, “The Answer” bounced back with a unanimous decision win a little over a month later at UFC Atlantic City when he took on Cub Swanson.
Both fighters hit the championship mark and the fight is finally official for Saturday night.
The co-main event will see Cris Cyborg, the former UFC women’s featherweight champion, take on the Canada’s own and unbeaten Felicia Spencer. Both fighters hit the mark.
In addition, Alex Volkanovski weighed in as a backup fighter, and made weight at 144.5 lbs.
Follow along with MyMMANews.com check out the ceremonial weigh-in live stream on Friday at 6 p.m. EST. You can watch the stream in the video above.
UFC 239 weigh-in results:
UFC 239 main card, 10 p.m. EST
- Max Holloway (145) vs. Frankie Edgar (145) – featherweight title fight
- Cris Cyborg (146) vs. Felicia Spencer (145)
- Geoff Neal (170.5) vs. Niko Price (169)
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier (155.5) vs. Arman Tsarukyan (155)
- Krzysztof Jotko (185.5) vs. Marc-Andre Barriault (184.5)
Preliminary card, 8 p.m. EST, ESPN 2
- Alexis Davis (125) vs. Viviane Araujo (125)
- Hakeem Dawodu (146) vs. Yoshinori Horie (145.5)
- Gavin Tucker (145) vs. Seung Woo Choi (145)
- Alexandre Pantoja (125.5) vs. Deiveson Figueiredo (126)
Preliminary card, 7 p.m. EST, UFC Fight Pass
- Gillian Robertson (125) vs. Sarah Frota (125)
- Erik Koch (170.5) vs. Kyle Stewart (170.5)
Alexander Volkanovski (144.5)