UFC Fight Night Sao Paulo: Post Fight Bonus Recap
Performance Bonuses: Vitor Belfort, Thomas Almeida, Alex Oliveira and Thiago Tavares
• Vitor Belfort’s first round knockout of Dan Henderson in their rubber match helped him earn his 13th career first round-finish.
• Thomas Almeida continued his impressive streak undefeated run at 21-0 with a victory over Birchak with a perfect shot 4:24 into 1st round for the victory.
• Alex “Cowboy” Oliveira set the crowd alive with his knockout of Piotr Hallmann 51 seconds into the final round.
• In the quickest fight of the night, Thiago Tavares submitted Clay Guida 39 seconds into the fight via guillotine choke. It is the fastest submission in featherweight history.
• All four fighters earn an additional $50k
Follow MyMMANews.com on Social Media
The following two tabs change content below.
Founder of MyMMANews.com
- After writing for Ultimate MMA magazine and serving as the editor for U.S. Combat Sports, both of which went on hiatus, I decided to venture out on my own and enlist a staff of writers and photographers that could help me achieve my goal of telling stories that would otherwise go untold. We pride ourselves in taking a deeper look into the fighter, and understanding what makes them tick.
- #1 Dad, Marine Corps Veteran, 80's and 90's Pro Wrestling Fan, MMA Commentator, Beer Lover, and avid movie watcher. Seriously..... I watch a lot of movies.
Fifth-straight win will earn him strawweight validation, says Rene Catalan - July 21, 2018
Invicta FC 30, UFC Hamburg, DWTNCS, PFL, more on Split Decision MMA Podcast - July 21, 2018
UFC Hamburg, Bellator Welterweight Grand Prix, more on SFLC Podcast - July 21, 2018