The Octagon returned to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on Saturday night for UFC on ESPN 2. In the main event, Justin Gaethje was taking on Edson Barboza in what promised to bring fireworks.
Ultimately, that is exactly what happened as Gaethje once again had a first round knockout. With the win, Gaethje improved to 3-2 in the UFC and 20-2 overall.
With a card like this that had knockout and submission wins, it is expected that medical suspensions would happen. And it sure did, as the knockout loss will put Barboza out of action for 90 days. However, Barboza’s 90 days was not even the longest suspension. Rather Paul Craig and Jessica Aguilar are suspended indefinitely.
A complete list of UFC Philadelphia’s medical suspensions can be seen below.
- Paul Craig: Suspended indefinitely, requires doctor’s clearance
- Jessica Aguilar: Suspended indefinitely, requires doctor’s clearance
- Edson Barboza: Suspended 90 days
- Michael Johnson: Suspended 60 days
- Josh Emmett: Suspended 45 days
- Marina Rodriguez: Suspended 45 days
- Ross Pearson: Suspended 45 days
- Sabina Mazo: Suspended 45 days
- Justin Gaethje: Suspended 30 days
- Kennedy Nzechukwu: Suspended 30 days
- Sodiq Yusuff: Suspended 30 days
- Sheymon Moraes: Suspended 30 days
- Enrique Barzola: Suspended 30 days
- Ray Borg: Suspended 30 days
- Alex Perez: Suspended 30 days