‘Ultimate Grappler’ Headlines Grapplers Quest at UFC Fan Expo July 5-6 In Vegas
LAS VEGAS (June 30, 2014) — The Ultimate Fighting Championship® is proud to announce the Official Superfight Tournaments for Grapplers Quest®, the official grappling tournament at the UFC Fan Expo® on Saturday and Sunday, July 5-6 at Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas. Amateur Competitors can Pre-Register, Save $21+ and get a limited edition competitor shirt until Wednesday, July 2nd at 11:59 PM http://bit.ly/UFCFanExpo2014 or register at the door with cash only (MAC machines on site).
The two-day tournament will feature All Children and Teens No-Gi and BJJ Divisions and All adult No-Gi submission grappling divisions for Adults 18+ and the first rounds of the 16-Man and 16-Woman LIVE “Ultimate Grappler” Submission Only Tournaments hosted over two days, with qualifying rounds of the tournaments on Saturday, July 5. Then, on Sunday, July 6, the tournament will feature all-adult Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Divisions as well as the LIVE “Ultimate Grappler” Finales of the Men’s and Women’s Submission Only Professional Divisions.
Special Glass Plaques for All No-Gi Absolute Division Winners, All Men’s and Women’s No-Gi Advanced Divisions, All Men’s and Women’s BJJ Black Belt Absolute divisions and No-Gi Advanced Children’s and Teen’s Divisions will be competing for the prestigious Glass Octagon Awards sponsored by “Meditate With Me” Book & Video Series at: http://KidsCanMeditate.com and Grapplers Quest Founder, Brian Cimins’ Life Coaching Blog at: http://YourStrategyCoach.com
Huge custom Octagon medals and Full Color Certificates will be awarded for All divisions are sponsored by EZ Flex Sports Mats (http://EZFlexMats.com), The Official Mat Sponsor of Grapplers Quest plus OTM Fightshops and Built To Fight Industries at http://OnTheMat.com – the official pro tournament sponsor and official Grapplers Quest rashguard manufacturing company.
$40,000 in Competitor Registration Fees will also be up for Grabs for ALL UFC Fan Expo Champions
All division champions, amateur and professional, All Champions in All Skill Levels Grapplers Quest at UFC Fan Expo on July 5-6 in Las Vegas will win a FREE COMPETITOR Sponsorship ($150 value) for the Official 16th Annual U.S. Nationals of Grappling and Jiu Jitsu Presented on July 26, 2014 in Morristown, New Jersey. Pre-Register, Save $21, Plus Get a FREE T-Shirt, Register now at: http://bit.ly/UFCFanExpo2014
The Amateur UFC Fan Expo grappling tournament is limited to 1,500 competitor slots with nearly 1,100 slots already taken. Competitor pre-registrations end Wednesday, July 2nd at 11:59 PM PST – hurry and register today at: http://bit.ly/UFCFanExpo2014 and registrations will be available at the door.
OUR COMPETITORS RECEIVE:
* Full Access to the UFC Fan Expo both days ($50 value)
* Free Grapplers Quest at UFC Fan Expo Fighter T-Shirt ($40 value)
* Includes $21+ off at-the-door pricing
* Free Limited Edition Grapplers Quest Sticker
* Discount for Friends and Family to Join in YOUR GLORY!
Fighters can Pre-Register Online or At-The-Door, but Tournament Space is limited to 1,500 competitor slots so register today to guarantee your place in history at
Grapplers Quest Superfight Tournaments start on Saturday, July 5th at 10:30 AM at UFC Fan Expo nicknamed “The Ultimate Grappler Tournaments” will feature Special Rules developed by Brian Cimins featuring two 10 Minute Submission Only Rounds followed by a Six-minute Overtime, if necessary, using Grapplers Quest points. The Finals will be Submission Only with No Time Limit and the UFC Fan Expo will host the LIVE Finals for The Ultimate Grappler Tournaments on Sunday, July 6 starting at 10:30 AM in the Center Rings.
Men’s “Ultimate Grappler” 175 lb. Tournament featuring:
1. Garry Tonon (America’s #1 Grappler)
2. Vitor Henrique Silva Oliveira (#1 IBJJF Black Belt No-Gi Middleweight Champion)
3. Bill Cooper (Defending UFC Fan Expo Superfight Champion)
4. Ronaldo Candido (ATOS, IBJJF World Champion)
5. Arnaldo de Oliveira (ChekMat – IBJJF Champion)
6. Sean Roberts (Black Belt under Ralph Gracie)
7. Kyle Griffin (Robert Drysdale Jiu Jitsu)
8. Enrico Cocco (#1 Southeast RATED Grapplers Quest Champion)
9. Jake Sweeney (Xtreme Couture)
10. Nathan Orchard (Eddie Bravo Black belt)
11. Nathan Mendelsohn (OnTheMat.com)
12. Ross Daniel Keeping (Gracie Humaita Vegas)
13. Lance Glynn (Paragon Black Belt)
14. Joey Hauss (Jean Jacques Machado)
15. Damien Nitken (NAGA advanced division Champion)
16. Benji Silva (Dream Submission only Champion)
Erik Cruz (10th Planet Brown Belt)
|16-Woman “Ultimate Grappler” Submission Only Under 145 lbs. Tournament featuring:1. Nyjah Easton (IBJJF World Champion, Abu Dhabi Pro Champion, European Champion – Team Lloyd Irvin)
2. Amanda Leve (2-Time Grapplers Quest Beast of the East Champion)
3. Rachael Cummins (Pro MMA Fighter and Submission Specialist – Jason Manly)
4. Pati Fontes (Checkmat brown belt)
5. Illa Erickson (Punch Kick Grapple)
6. Chelsea Donnar Branbridge (Atos new* black Belt) (won Worlds 2014 brown belt)
7. Vivian Velez (Pan Am No-Gi champ)
8. Jennifer Perez (Easton Bjj)
9. Colleen Schneider (Ultimate Fighter competitor)
10. Gillian Silver (PGL 135 women’s champion – Catch Wrestler)
11. Jessy Miele (International Martial Arts and Boxing Academy of Connecticut)
12.-16. PROS and ALTERNATES NEEDED: Send Resumes to: Director@Grapplers.com
The UFC Fan Expo® in July will feature more than 300,000 gross square feet of activities for UFC fans, including meet and greets and autograph sessions with top UFC and STRIKEFORCE® fighters, Q&A sessions with top UFC personalities, as well as grappling tournaments and other special events. More than 100 exhibitors will also be on hand, giving fans the opportunity to purchase and experience some of the best sports and lifestyle products on the market today. This marks the third UFC Fan Expo® held in Las Vegas since its inception in 2009, with additional UFC Fan Expos being held in Boston, London, Toronto and Houston.
For more information on grappling and jiu jitsu tournaments and events worldwide hosted by Grapplers Quest® and to register online, visit: http://GrapplersQuest.com
|ABOUT GRAPPLERS QUEST: Grapplers Quest is the World’s Largest Submission Grappling & Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Tournament Circuit. Grapplers Quest is a world class, family-oriented Martial Arts competition and entertainment experience, challenging our fighters to become the next generation of Mixed Martial Arts champions. The Company produces The World’s Grappling Competition Supershows for the Ground Fighting Sport of Mixed Martial Arts, DVD and VOD PPV Video Production and Distribution, Apparel Development, Design and Production, Tradeshow Sponsorships, Exhibitor Sales, and much more. Home of the World’s Best Submission Fighters Since 1998, original Grapplers Quest athletes have gone on to become 147 UFC or Ultimate Fighter Contestants, 30 ADCC World Champions and 200+ World and Pan American IBJJF Titles. Upcoming events include July 5-6 at UFC Fan Expo, July 26 in New Jersey, October 10-12 in Liverpool, New York and Las Vegas on November 15th. For upcoming events worldwide, visit: http://GrapplersQuest.com|
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- Ana Julaton talks Friday night’s fight at Bellator 185 – SFLC Podcast - October 18, 2017
- Copa Combate – Women’s Co-Main Event Added To Live TV Broadcast - October 18, 2017
- Limited-Edition Randy Couture Bobblehead to be Released at Bellator 186 on Nov. 3 - October 18, 2017