UFC 239 just wrapped up last July 6 at the T-Mobile Arena in Paradise, Nevada. It featured the main event fight between Jon Jones and Thiago Santos. Jones retained his Light Heavyweight title after defeating Santos with a split decision.
When it comes to the bets placed, the majority of sportsbooks had Jones as the favorite. His name had the odds of -660 while Santos had +540 odd. This was expected as Jones has had a stronger fight record than Santos, who had his fair share of defeat when he was still in the middleweight division.
Fans won’t have to wait long as the next UFC fights are simply happening the following week. The next fights after UFC 239 will be shown on ESPN. The matches will be on July 9, 13, and 20. After those comes UFC 240, which will be on July 27, 2019.
Here are the fights scheduled on July 9 that will happen at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada:
· Joseph Salecki vs Jesse Wallace
· Antonio Trocoli bs Kenneth Bergh
· Christian Ocon vs Hunter Azure
· Maki Pitolo vs Justin Sumter
· Jonathan Pearce vs Jacob Rosales
The July 13 fights are set to happen at the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, California. Here is the line-up:
· Gian Villante vs Mike Rodriguez
· Andre Fili vs Sheymon Moraes
· Nicco Montano vs Julianna Pena
· Darren Elkins vs Ryan Hall
· Jonathan Martinez bs Liu Pingyuan
· Brianna Van Buren bs Livinha Souza
· Vince Morales vs Benito Lopez
· Aspen Ladd vs Germaine de Randamie
· Urijah Faber vs Ricky Simon
· Josh Emmett vs Mirsad Bektic
· Drakkar Klose vs Beneil Dariush
· Wellington Turman vs Karl Roberson
· Cezar Ferreira vs Marvin Vettori
There are also a lot of fights scheduled on July 20, which will be held at the AT + T Center in San Antonio, Texas. Here are the fights in order:
· Steven Peterson vs Alex Caceres
· Irene Aldana vs Raquel Pennington
· Sam Alvey vs Klidson Abreu
· Roxanne Modafferi vs Jennifer Maia
· Gabriel Silva vs Ray Borg
· Mario Bautista vs Jin Soo Son
· Felipe Corales vs Domingo Pilarte
· Rafael Dos Anjos vs Leon Edwards
· Alexey Oleinik vs Walt Harris
· Juan Adams vs Greg Hardy
· James Vick vs Dan Hooker
· Francisco Trinaldo vs Alexander Hernandez
· Andrei Arlovski vs Ben Rothwell
What comes after those three scheduled UFC live broadcasts is the UFC 240 event that features its main event of Featherweight Championship match between Max Holloway and Frankie Edgar. It’s quite an exciting match for a lot of fans as this has been a long time coming.
A match between the two has been booked twice prior this. Both previously scheduled matches had to be canceled because either one has been injured before the event. UFC 240 will take place at The Roger’s Place in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Still, this could be viewed on ESPN channels.
The UFC betting odds are getting better as the fights booked for this event nears. It could still change in a few days or weeks, but here is a bit of a rundown on how both fighters are doing.
Currently, Frankie Edgar seems to be the favorite, based on the stats from different bookies. 5DTimes have +325 on Edgar’s name while Holloway has -400.
Bet 365 has +300 for Edgar and -400 again for his opponent. Odds are seemingly close between the two on Pinnacle with +313 for Edgar and -370 for Holloway. Bet Online seems to have almost the same difference with +300 for Edgar and -365 for Holloway.
Intertops may have the highest difference between the odds of winning for these two. Edgar is still the favorite with +285 while Holloway has -200 on his name.
Another awaited match that will take place on the same event is the women’s flyweight match between Lauren Murphy and Mara Romero Borella. However, recent updates from the promoters showed that this will be moved the following week on ESPN.
While Holloway and Edgar’s match is definitely something to look forward to, there are still a handful of matches booked for this event as well. Here is a rundown of the rest of the fights of UFC 240:
Welterweight Division: Geoff Neal vs Niko Price
Lightweight: Olivier Aubin Mercier vs Arman Tsarukyan
Middleweight: Marc-Andre Barriault vs Krzystof Jotko
Women’s Flyweight: Alexis Davis vs Viviane Araujo
Heavyweight: Tanner Boser vs Giacomo Lemos
Featherweight: Hakeem Dawodu vs Yoshinori Horie and Gavin Tucker vs Seung Woo Choi
Flyweight: Alexandre Pantoja vs Deiveson Figueiredo
Women’s Flyweight: Gillian Robertson vs Sarah Frota
Welterweight: Erik Koch vs Kyle Stewart