WSOF 21 results: Palmer vs Horodecki
WSOF 21 takes place at the Edmonton Expo Centre in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and the main card airs on the NBC Sports Network beginning at 9PM. It was headlined by a featherweight title fight between champion Lance Palmer and Chris Horodecki. in which Palmer retained his title within the first round.
In the U.S., the main card aired on NBCSN at 9 p.m. ET, and you were able to watch the prelims (7:30 p.m. ET) and “post-lims” (11 p.m. ET) here. (Viewers outside the U.S. can watch the entire card here.)
Blagoi Ivanov captured the WSOF heavyweight title by defeating the now former champion Smealinho Rama via third round submission in the form of a guillotine choke.
Earlier today we informed readers that Matt Baker’s original opponent Marcus Hicks was forced off the card after a weight cutting issue. In a strange series of events Hicks was replaced by Baker’s own cornerman Goncalves. Check the story out here.
MAIN CARD (NBCSN, 9 p.m. ET)
• Champ Lance Palmer defeated Chris Horodecki via submission (rear-naked choke) Round 1, 4:28 – to retain featherweight title
• Blagoi Ivanov defeated Smealinho Rama via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 3, 1:17 for heavyweight title
• Mark Drummond vs. Michael Hill
• Hakeem Dawodu defeated Chuka Willis via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 2:55
PRELIMINARY CARD (MyMMANews.com, 7:30 p.m. ET)
• Thiago Goncalves defeated Matt Baker via submission (injury) – Round 2, 5:00
• Justin Sander defeated Dan Lariviere via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 2, 2:52
• Michael Hay defeated Louie Grover via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 2:17
PRELIMINARY CARD (MyMMANews.com, 11 p.m. ET)
• Stephen Beaumont vs. Jose Rodriguez
• Roger Alves vs. Danny Doig
• Tim Smith vs. Spencer Rohovie
• Nick Hrabec vs. Garret Nybakken
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- UFC releases statement regarding Fabricio Werdum - May 22, 2018
- Jay Glazer sits down with ‘Big Country’ before Bellator 200! - May 20, 2018
- UFC Fight Night 129 results from Santiago, Chile – Maia vs. Usman - May 19, 2018