An MBA in Canada is generally a 2-years pg course offering great returns on the investment. An MBA degree from some of the top MBA Colleges in Canada ranges from 16,000 to 80,000 USD. An Indian student will spend around 11 Lakhs to 59 Lakhs INR. The average package one can earn after completing an MBA is 90,000 to 150,000 USD. The scope of an MBA in Canada is thus quite alluring. But to enjoy such success, students have to go through an admission process (which may vary from college to college). So, here we are with Admission Tips for Indian Students to study MBA in Canada. Scroll down to know more on the topic.
5 Benefits of Pursuing MBA in Canada
First, check why to study MBA in Canada, and then students will find information about the admission process.
- One reason for fascination is the affordable fees of MBA courses. An MBA in the USA costs 170,000 USD to 220,000 USD. In comparison, an MBA in Canada will cost 16,000 to 80,000 USD only.
- The easy availability of the Canadian visa to the students who want to pursue an MBA in Canada is another reason for choosing Canada as a study destination.
- Six Canadian universities made it to the top 100 list for MBA worldwide, as per the QS MBA Rankings 2021.
- With an MBA degree from Canada, one can earn between 110,000 USD to 200,000 USD. Thus, it is one of the highest paying jobs in the country.
- Canada is a country that has deep cultural and diplomatic ties with India, which makes it easier for Indian students to adjust there. Finally, Canada has secured a rank of 6 with a score of 1.298 as per the Global Peace Index 2020. Canada is thus positioned better.
MBA in Canada – Eligibility and Requirements for the Indian students
To pursue MBA in Canada, all Indian students are expected to fulfil some specified criteria depending upon the demands of the different MBA colleges in Canada. Let’s take a brief look at some of these requirements to make it to the top MBA colleges in Canada.
For Undergraduate Diploma / Degree Holders
- All the students who aspire to pursue an MBA in Canada must possess 12 years of formal school-level education.
- All the secondary and senior-secondary school documents/transcripts and relevant certificates must be available with the students at the admission time.
- The aspiring candidates must have mathematics as the mandatory subject to their senior-secondary education.
- One of the most important requirements for Indian students to pursue an MBA in Canada is English Language proficiency. So, good scores in IELTS or TOEFL is mandatory.
- Some colleges may ask for French Language Proficiency proofs. In that case, one must provide the scores of TEF or TCF.
- One has to take GMAT or GRE or any other equivalent exams accepted by Canadian universities.
For Post Graduate Degree / Diploma Holders
- All postgraduate students from India who want to pursue an MBA from Canada must have a relevant bachelor’s degree in any discipline obtained from a recognized institute equivalent to a Canadian degree.
- Another important criterion will be some work experience in a temporary or permanent capacity. This criterion is preferred but not mandatory.
- One must possess good scores in TOEFL or IELTS. Some colleges may prefer the French Proficiency Test as well, i.e., TEF or TCF.
- GMAT or GRE scores are also accepted.
MBA in Canada: Choice of College, Campus and Infra are a Must!
Although Canada is a favourite study destination of MBA education for Indian students, choosing the perfect college, its campus and location are some of the hard tasks.
- First, doing proper research about all the MBA institutes in Canada. One must be sure about the fee structure of different MBA institutions in Canada and the ROI they offer.
- Second, the campus of the institutes and their location also needs consideration. Many may not be comfortable travelling to the countryside. It is mandatory to check for the institutes that offer MBA in Canada and are situated near airports or have proper transport or civil facilities around them.
Quick Steps to take admission in the MBA Colleges in Canada
The common steps for applying to the colleges offering MBA in Canada are as follows –
- Search for colleges and courses that best suit your requirements.
- Contact the institutes and visit their official websites for complete information.
- Now, analyze the list of institutes and shortlist a few of them.
- Take the entrance exams like SAT, GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, IELTS and target to score good marks for further process.
- Please apply to the colleges which are best suitable for the career aspirations that one has.
- Appear for interviews. If accepted, then apply for a Canadian Student Visa further.
Keep the following Documents ready to study for MBA in Canada
All aspiring candidates must keep a set of documents to fasten admission without any discrepancies.
- Attested copies of mark sheets of Standard X, XII, Bachelor’s degree, and PG Degree (If required).
- At least two academic reference letters from professors who have taught you most recently.
- If students have work experience, then two letters of recommendation from their employer or manager are used to report to.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP).
- Photocopied score sheets of GMAT / IELTS / TOEFL or any other equivalent tests.
- Any certificates of achievements at the state and national level and extracurricular activities.
- Proof of funds.
- Medical Report.
The availability of documents mentioned above will help India’s students complete the admission process to study for an MBA in Canada. These are certain tips that one should keep in mind before going for admissions to the MBA institutes in Canada. Please share this piece of information among like-minded people and all the best for your future endeavours.
We may receive commissions and other revenues from this article. We are a paid partner of organizations mentioned in this article.